Exchange rate implications of strengthening peso

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr:
That is off-topic off-topic. Japayukis......isn't that like a "hostess"? I've heard of videoki girls :D .
there are more politically correct terms but yes... they cover the whole gamut of entertainer, dancer, whatever

Jag

Axua:
Lets be cautious though on the rise of the peso vs the dollar.
The PhP rising from 56 to 52 to the US$ is a significant blip but Jai is right. Last year, the Europeans were screaming like crazy when they were realizing how many product purchases their suddenly strong euro was costing them. In that case, it was an issue of euro strength, not just Dollar/Yen weakness. A strong currency allows you to buy more products made by those who use a weaker currency and the opposite is true. While having a strong currency is generally good personally in the short run, moving slow and careful is best in the long run, to assess just how the effects will trickle and to allow time for governments to make changes to ward off undesireable effects.

midwestdvr:
Yep. That's why the US gov't has been trying hard to change that. Has to do with that massive trade deficit. Americans love their cheap Chinese goods.
I'm more worried about the billions of the debt that they own. I really don't think it'll be long before we see a step in economic war. The almost one trillion that China & Japan own is a pretty big weakness.

Well the PI just got more of my $$ last week... wasn't too happy to see the exchange rate at 51 vs 55 from last year... at this rate, I won't be able to afford the Leyte christmas trip... :wink:

BTW, yes, according to my Tokyo sources, the # of japayuki's are down significantly... but read this article... seems they've switched the game and now they have the home field advantage. LOL

Desperate Japanese

imagine.....

who benefits with this you know what SPOON,

i strongly suggest the topics on the currency be moved to a new thread ;

say "Philippine currency(Peso) " this impacts other divers as well so they have idea on the current/prevailing exchange rate before coming to the P.I.

paolov:
imagine.....

say "Philippine currency(Peso) " this impacts other divers as well so they have idea on the current/prevailing exchange rate before coming to the P.I.
i agree!

paolov:
imagine.....

im on it. thanks for the heads up

yes, very good idea... We overseas PPD'ers need to know how the price of a bottle of San Mig fluctuates so we can work out our trips to coincide with a weak pay soo...

pakman:
yes, very good idea... We overseas PPD'ers need to know how the price of a bottle of San Mig fluctuates so we can work out our trips to coincide with a weak pay soo...
BINGO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom