Excessive Ads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soooo. The Company doesn't object to you cruising the internet visiting ScubaBoard on company time, but do object to you installing adblock or becoming a supporter?

Seems legit.
1) They allow me to use my laptop as I see fit as long as its not x rated or otherwise reflects poorly on them
2) At the same time I don't have admin rights to install any software.

I don't mind the ads in sidebars and banners, sometimes I even use them. It was the ads that were breaking up people's posts (between paragraphs) that were super distracting.

Those ads should be gone now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's apparently over for now but they were showing up in the Pub too, lol.

One thing I would suggest is maybe put the paid supporters of this site into a special group with no ads ?
We do that. It's one of the benefits of being a Suppporting member.

We do that. It's one of the benefits of being a Suppporting member.
I knew I didn’t get ads for a reason...

But I saw some red supporter badge folks complaining as well, so I second guessed myself.

Dammit.

@Wookie

It's an option for Supporting members that they control, IIRC ads are still on by default when they become supporting,

This was a different problem, If you weren't running AdBlock you would have seen them also afaik.

Thanks to the mod staff for addressing the issue. I'm not seeing the excessive ads now.
:)
That’s definitely a Pete thing. All we can do is comment as users.

Back
Top Bottom