Evolution helps in search for Robredo plane wreckage in Masbate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to see that they got helium... I'm sure there were some lessons learned after that one ferry where the one diver was lost in the operation.

Nice to see that they got helium... I'm sure there were some lessons learned after that one ferry where the one diver was lost in the operation.

Where were you when they needed to search and Recover the person after 24 hours under water?

and where is PAK?

I'd like to read Matt's report here if ever he comes around to writing one.

We at Evolution Diving extend our deepest sympathy and respect for Secretary Jesse Robredo, Captain Jessup Bahinting, co-pilot K****z Chand and their families and loved ones. We'd like to recognize all the individuals from Government and the Joint Forces as well as civilian volunteers. We're humbled to have been able to play a small part in the search effort, which was run efficiently by all involved, and we will continue to assist in the future if we are needed. In light of this national tragedy, we at Evolution Diving choose to show our respect by silence and defer all questions to the official leadership of the search and recovery operations.

hero.jpg

That's the way to go... exit quietly after a doing the day's job. Great work!

Quoting Jake Miranda: (from Facebook post)

"Let me set the record straight here, first it was EGS Asia, a team right out of Cebu using sidescan Klein 3000, with a Navy seal sidescan officer that first 'located' the wreck on the Mariveles seabed and put a marker there. Sidescans from the US Navy and a DOST boat verified that image too. Second, SDI/TDI Instructor Matt Reed came down on the marker and 'dived' the wreck and came out with video. Third, two divers from NAVSOG extricated the body of Sec. Robredo. So the steps were search, identification and retrieval. It wasn't just one single guy, one single dive. Hope those sidescan sonar technicians, soldiers and sailors get some credit too. Everyone actually contributed from the fishermen to every single volunteer. We were all able to do it well because of the lessons in Mariveles crash. This is not the last crash at sea, so let everyone know what to do next. Public and private working together is the key."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom