Evolution helps in search for Robredo plane wreckage in Masbate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To people who received training of some sort either First Aid. EFR etc, it is a know procedure that to have an effective and responsive search and rescue/retrieval(S&R), tasks/responsibilities should be planned well in place prior to the need of a S&R scenario. so people would know what the other is doing and all complement each other in the goal.

Since this is a thread for Evolution guys we discuss evolution action, however, Matt has given their side on it and we await the politicians report.

NOw i would surely like to hear/read of other trip report if they helped in the S&R in Masbate crash.

Hopefully, we learn from their trip reports.

Jake Miranda, a technical diver familiar with both the Mariveles search and the current one in Masbate, says a side-scan sonar device is being employed to create images of large areas of the sea floor in the vicinity of the crash.

Once the plane's wreck is located, "then get the (geographical) coordinates, and bring down an ROV (Remotely Opreated Vehicle)," Miranda says via text, describing the plan. "When we have video, technical divers will go down."

Compression divers, or local fisherfolk who use improvised equipment to stay underwater for long periods of time, were reported to be assisting in the search on Saturday. "That's even more dangerous," says Dy.

Most Filipino divers use feet as a unit of measurement when referring to depth.

(just to clarify, Filipinos do not use feet(their own feet) to measure depth, the word "feet" meant as unit of measurement.

Last edited:
Most Filipino divers use feet as a unit of measurement when referring to depth.

(just to clarify, Filipinos do not use feet(their own feet) to measure depth, the word "feet" meant as unit of measurement.

They probably meant "dipa" or "taas tao"... that usually what I've heard the local fisher folk use as far as depth.

Korek ka ben

The fisherfolk here uses a unit of measure that approximates , in tagalog "DIPA", roughly a measure from tip of fingers of one arm to the tip of fingers of the other arm, arms out stretched to the sides in a sort of "T" position.

The official unit of measure for length is meters and of mass kilos as used in the palengke.

The philippines is rather, depending on your point of view, confused or versatile when it comes to its identity in using s.i. units or imperial units.

It is not accurate to say that fisherfolk in the philippines use "feet", it more in the erroneous, as the mangingisda in mindanao even utilizes the dipa or taas tao as Ben who lives in the usa and dives the phils .

Tho i can tell you who uses feet as a unit of measure, its city dwellers and hardware/construction people.

To sum up

Fisherfolk uses dipa or taas tao unless tey have been boat men for Recreational divers

Construction people uses feet most of the time, but this is being rectified by the next generation materials that adhere to s.i. units.

Its the confused locals who think we are under usa system that still uses the "feet" , the dept of education did a poor job teaching the international units of measure. And the kilo as used for weight measure is mass rather than weight. Worst, now due to the call centers, they even use cents for centavos. Dr. Jose rizal would not be happy with this.

And we are Off topic.

to further broaden the context,filipinos use feet as suppose to meters..
Here in the US,we use sqft(or square feet) to measure parcel of land, in the Philippines they use square meters. i really don't think "feet" is referrred to as a part of the human body(as the foot) being used to measure an object... now that freaks me out seriously.

U are right mampsa! They are not aware that there was chamber in the area or inside the coast guard vessel. Lucky that Danny survived even they made mistakes from the start or else it's gonna be the shame of the Philippines. No comment!

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:48 AM ----------

U are right mampsa! They are not aware that there was chamber in the area or inside the coast guard vessel. Lucky that Danny survived even they made mistakes from the start or else it's gonna be the shame of the Philippines. No comment!

yeah, that vessel has a State of the art Decompression Chamber i saw it with my own two eyes....

....and yes please keep your comments to yourself..LOL:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom