Everyone OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill51

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just heard about the tornado damage in Deland and Daytona this afternoon. Are all our Conch friends OK up there? It sure made a mess of the flight school at Embry Riddle.

It was pretty docile on Cocoa Beach....5min of intense wind and rain then it was all gone

A friend of mine is starting at ERAU in January, moving here from Michigan, and he is really upset. He is wondering how his condo and his sister's car (parked there) fared. Is there anyone who lives close enough to that area that, if I sent you the address, you could check and get back to me?

EDIT: Never mind, his place and his car are just fine!

I am in the orlando area, the storm was pretty intense here, but nothing like what the guys over at deland and daytona..

news reports as still rolling in about the damage the tornadoes did.

Up in Ga once there was a tornado near where my grandmother lives. Freak thing, came out of nowhere and dissappeared in a minute or two. During the minute or two that it lived, it completely dissassembled a hangar at the small airport there. We visited a week later and I was surprised by not only the damage it did do, but the fact that a tower 15 feet to the side was not harmed at all. Powerful but a very concentrated power! I have a pin on my keychain, from a fireextenguisher, that I found on the ground int he wreckage. Thought it looked cool and you have no clue how often it has come in handy. So much so that if I lost it, Id go buy a fire extinguiser to get another one from if I lost this one.

Moral of this all is that my grandparents (the ones in Fla) did not come over for Christmas lunch becuase of the tornado warnings but other than that, none of us were affected, which is nice becuase I saw in Georgia how much power a tornado has.

I am just outside of Deland. No tornadoes here, just some wind and heavy rain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom