Ever thought of a book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetwrench

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With all the great shots and shooters on this board, I wondered if any of you have thought of putting some of them together and making a book or guide for a publisher? Or am I asking a question after the fact?

I'll just say....It's been mentioned!

We're working on the details for a photo contest in the future. A calendar or a book was mentioned as a vehicle for the winners.

Details will follow when I get more of the computer details nailed down.

Dee:
We're working on the details for a photo contest in the future.
I hope it has a rookie category, I might stand a chance :D .

I've often used mypublisher.com to make up little photobooks of diving trips away from home. They make a nice little album/reminder for the dives.

Jetwrench:
With all the great shots and shooters on this board, I wondered if any of you have thought of putting some of them together and making a book or guide for a publisher? Or am I asking a question after the fact?

At a recent church retreat (like a summer camp for the family) we had a show and tell evening. I took my dive log a 8 1/2 x 11 binder with photos as well as dive description. When it was my turn show and tell stopped everyone wanted to see it, I got it back two days later and a number of people said I should make it into a book.
The whole thing took me by surprise I had no idea non divers would be that interested.

This would be so cool. It would be fun, too.

Yoda, I hear that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom