Ever thought of a book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chippy,

Thanks for the link. I am going to try My Publisher. Looks cheap enough.

justleesa:
There is always interest in good photography:D
Got any kind of time frame Dee?

I really can't say, soon I hope. Mostly I'm waiting to TechAdmin to set up the uploading and voting thing, probably through our gallery in some way, but he didn't get to it before he left. He'll be gone for another month or so.

We'll have catagories for beginners, probably a seperate catagory. I understand being uncomfortable showing your new talents, and to be honest, it's not fair to judge them with photos from the more advanced folks. I want to encourage everyone, especially the newbies, to get involved with this project. Afterall, they are the future of U/W photography! But we also want those magazine cover quality shots that our talented members post regularly.

I really would like to do a calendar of the winning photos to sell in the Scubaboard Store, hopefully to help NetDoc support our home here on SB. It would be a great way to help by doing something we all love to do! Getting a calendar done for 2005 may not be possible now but surely we can do one for 2006. We'd all need to agree to releases for our photos and relinquishing any claim to sales but I don't think that will be a problem....or shouldn't.

As you can imagine there's alot of details to work out, making it fair for all members. Speaking of which, I have a question for all of you, since you'll all be involved. Do you think any SB member should be able to enter and vote? Or do you think they should be an established member with a minimum number of posts to do so? Everyone only gets one vote and although I hate to think of it happening, I have to consider the possibility of ballot stuffing.

So....that's the basic story so far. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Sounds like you guys are getting the details worked out. I organized a small contest, no internet!, and the time it took to get it all to come together was incredible. But it went off well.

My two cents, have to have a minimum number of posts. However, I have no guess as to what that minimum number would be since there are so many areas on this board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom