Ever heard of these guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dennisgrimm

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering an inflatable for diving, fishing... etc and came accross this website on the net:

www.boatstogo.com

They appear to have excellent prices and a good product. Has anyone ever heard of these guys or dealt with them?

I wouldn't mind getting a quality "no name" inflatable, but don't want to get hosed on a super cheap knock off that won't last a year.

Hmmm...site sez they're in North Miami Beach and were at the Miami Boat Show. I didn't see their exhibit while I was there, but there were so many inflatable lines there that missing them could easily have happened. Of all the inflatables that I did see, there was nothing remotely close to these guys price-wise. Looking at the web site, the prices sure are pretty reasonable if their boats are any good. I'm not sure how valid the eBay feedback reports as testimonials are though. Getting warranty service up there in bustling Kapuskasing might be a bit of drive though.
We used a 14' just like theirs for years in Hawaii diving with six guys and full gear and a 40hp. Ours was an Avon Redseal - great boat, well-made, but I was always repairing the hulls after the boneheads tore it up.

Tom Winters:
Hmmm...site sez they're in North Miami Beach and were at the Miami Boat Show. I didn't see their exhibit while I was there, but there were so many inflatable lines there that missing them could easily have happened. Of all the inflatables that I did see, there was nothing remotely close to these guys price-wise. Looking at the web site, the prices sure are pretty reasonable if their boats are any good. I'm not sure how valid the eBay feedback reports as testimonials are though. Getting warranty service up there in bustling Kapuskasing might be a bit of drive though.
We used a 14' just like theirs for years in Hawaii diving with six guys and full gear and a 40hp. Ours was an Avon Redseal - great boat, well-made, but I was always repairing the hulls after the boneheads tore it up.

Yeah, driving to Florida would be a very long trip. But their prices are soooo good. I want to belive that they are selling the same product as the big guys for dirt cheap. I saw somewhere on their site (although I can't find it now) that they are the same boats as the Mercury Quicksilver line.

I am interested in their 12' sport boat because it has an inflatable keel and I will be able to deflate and fold it into the back of my truck and not have to use a trailer. I will be using the boat only for lakes and would probably use a 9.9 on it so it doesn't need to be super strong.

Even though they are cheap, I would still like to hear from a couple of others that have purchased from them before dropping that type of cash. If not, is there someone in Miami Beach that could check them out?

Well, that is strange, but it looks like people feel more confident when they pay large sum of money. I know that most people could not believe their eyes when they see prices at www.BoatsToGo.com. Prices are that low because we import directly from manufacturer. So we don't have to feed large army of middle guys, dealers, marketing directros, etc. We also avoid expenses of showrooms by selling on-line only. If you want to hear from couple of others, you can visit http://www.boatstogo.com/customerSurvey.asp page for recent survey of customers who purchased our boats.

Ilya

BoatsToGo:
Well, that is strange, but it looks like people feel more confident when they pay large sum of money. I know that most people could not believe their eyes when they see prices at www.BoatsToGo.com. Prices are that low because we import directly from manufacturer. So we don't have to feed large army of middle guys, dealers, marketing directros, etc. We also avoid expenses of showrooms by selling on-line only. If you want to hear from couple of others, you can visit http://www.boatstogo.com/customerSurvey.asp page for recent survey of customers who purchased our boats.

Ilya

Ilya,

Thank you for replying. It seems weird, but I, like many others, feel more comfortable paying more money and buying a popular brand. Your prices are very competitive and I am seriously considering purchasing a boat from your company. Also, I appreciate that you have quoted several of your clients on your website, but by its nature your website is biased. Have you ever watched infomercials on TV? Often, crappy products are marketed by displaying "satisfied customers" (aka paid actors). This has trained me to not trust opinions supplied by manufactuers. I was hoping to get the unbiased feeback directly from some of your customers or an agency that rates such things (such as consumer reports or a boating magazine). Although I have seen on your website all of the positive things about your product... you, understandably, do not advertise the drawbacks your product may have. All in all, your products look like a great deal but too good to be true. That said, please don't raise your prices thinking your product will gain respectability. Instead, try to get an outside agency, such as a boating magazine, to rate your product against more expensive products. If your product is rated favorably this would be a great marketing tool and very valuable information for consumers such as myself.

Thank you,
Dennis

Ilya, any problem with someone, me for example, dropping by and looking over your products? I would think you would have some samples that you carry to boat shows.

You may also want to check out http://www.SeaEagle.com The prices aren't as good, but they use a PVC material like Zodiacs(is Dtex similar?). Customer service was prompt over there, I emailed them about the materials they used in their 'sport' SeaEagles and they promptly sent me a catalogue as well as a material comparison with the materials they use in the 'sport' boats as well as a sample of the materials some of the cheaper brands(as well as SE's cheaper model boats) are made from so you could 'feel' the difference. I was impressed and would have bought one of their boats had I not run across a little Zodiac locally already completely outfitted and hardly used for a damned good price.

On a side note, Hypalon(Mercury's and Avon's use this material) is supposed to be more durable than the PVC materials you find in the majority of inflatables.

Ilya,

How does the 1,200 Dtex High Strength fabric material your boats are made from compare to Hypalon or 1200 Denier PVC(found in Zodiacs/SeaEagles/ect)?

How deep is your "deep inflatable keel"?

for those who are not sure of boatstogo.com
take it from someone who bought the sd330 and has had it since 2005
I found the boat to be very good and have had no problems with it except one minor issue with the air floor ..the boat it self is of very good quality and I am very happy with it ....just recently I had someone up in the bc mountians come up and admire it ....well long story short he was very impressed with the boat and the fact that it was powered by a yamaha 9.9 which moved it very well so he bought it from me ....so as soon has I arrived back to alberta I did purchase another one this time I got the sd365 and will live with the problem I have with the air floor

just in case you would like to know what that is ....lol

make sure U clean all the sand out of the air valve because it will get in to it and have these slow air leaks and when U have to inflate the floor u will remember I have learn"t to just flush the valve with water before I deflate it and so far it worked

so toanyone thinking about them I did have a 11ft and now own the 12 ft with a 15 hp and have no issues with the quality of them oh yea prices are a ok

West Marine RU-260 with foldable rigid floor 8'6" $699+Tax
BoatsToGo 8'6" SATURN SD260 - Inflatable floor $749+$59 shipping.
Zodiac Bombard MAX 3+ 9' Slat Floor $799.54

Nothing special about the pricing.

West Marine RU-260 with foldable rigid floor 8'6" $699+Tax
BoatsToGo 8'6" SATURN SD260 - Inflatable floor $749+$59 shipping.
Zodiac Bombard MAX 3+ 9' Slat Floor $799.54

Nothing special about the pricing.

I see the price of the Zodiac Bombard Max 3 for something like 1600.00 bucks new. Not 799.54

http://www.howiesmarine.com/zodiac.htm

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom