Ever hear of this regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Someone offered to sell me a "US Divers Conshelf lV Extreme military/professional scuba diving regulator" new and in box for $150. I haven't seen it yet but is this reg worth owning? I tried to research it on the web but got nothing. Any info about this regulator or regs like it is much appreciated.

The very one, in fact. Hey I just noticed you are in SF! How cool. My GF needs a reg and I was thinking of picking this up for her. She'd like the proton ice but maybe I'll trade her my girly Mares reg for it. What do you say, looks like a good deal or no?

I looked into it because it was so cheap - figured it might be stolen or something :) Had no need for it so I didn't try too hard, couldn't find much out either.

There is a guy with a new in the box ATX200 with backup (guessing an ATX40 or something) for $350 as well - now that's a good deal. Lot more $$$ though.

You mean XIV, not IV. A workhorse regulator, all brass second stage, and the Conshelf 1st design has been around forever. The Conshelf and Titan 1sts are pretty much the same, with same internal parts. The military version uses a different seat, but they are interchangeable. $150 seems cheap. I'd buy it.

Neil

Conshelf regs are simple, reliable and "bulletproof." My Conshelf XI is over thirty years old and works like a champ.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom