Event: Boynton Beach 2-Tank Boat Dive (SEP 21)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selrahc

Contributor
Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE DATE HAS CHANGED TO 21ST DUE TO PERSONAL EMERGENCY @ CHARTER

Event:
Boynton Beach Boat Charter Dives
Cost: $50 per diver paid at depart.
Date / Time: Sunday, Sep 21, 2008; 7:30 AM- Whenever
Dive Type: 2 Tank boat dive (Wreck & Reef), Shore Dives After???

RSVP can be made Here.

Info:
CFSG will be doing a 2 tank dive with Pelican Dive Charters. One dive will be a Wreck and 1 will be a reef. Dives will be followed by Lunch and a possible beach dive or 2 near Breakers or the Blue Harren Bridge. Actual dive locations on charter and shore will depend on conditions that day.

Pelican’s boat can carry 14 people. I have reserved the boat with an event cap of 13 divers. RSVP on the CFSG site will be required in advance to insure your spot is saved.

In addition I am lining up a dive guide for the trip to make things more enjoyable for us all
14.gif

The cost for the trip is $50. As of right now the boat is ours alone.
icosm14.gif

After our dives, we will fill our tanks up while we go out for lunch. We are looking at 2 locations for a shore dive after. Either off the beach near breakers or, depending on tide times, the Blue Harren Bridge. Those wishing to dive more are welcome to stay.

The boat leaves the dock at 8AM Sharp. We must be on-site at 7:30AM for check-in. Please be on-site early so we can get all checked in and situated. This should be a fun trip!

Here is the tentative schedule:
* 7:15 AM Arrive & Check-in. Gear drop is at the slip. Vehicles are parked in public parking around the corner.
* 8:00 AM – Boat Departs promptly at 8AM. Don’t be late!
* After the dives, we will get our tanks filled while we grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant.
* Shore dive possible after at either Breakers or Blue Harran (if tide is good).

About Location:
Pelican Dive Charters is located on the inner coastal waterway in Boynton Beach. They are located almost right next door to Splashdown Divers. Their boat is in Slip 17 of the Marina. The local dive shop, Splashdown, is a full service shop offering gear rentals, air and nitrox fills, etc.

This is a charter. Any accompanying non-divers will need to scout the local area for something to occupy their time. Boynton Public Beach is right across the bridge though
14.gif

Fees:
The cost is $50 per person and we will most likely get the boat to ourselves. On the 16th I will let them know the count and the boat may open up depending on how many we have coming.

Tank rentals are available. AL80’s in Air are $8 each and Nitrox is $10 each and they can be waiting on the boat ready for you. Let me know in your RSVP as I must let them know in advance.

The fee will be paid to the charter directly prior to departing. Only cash or check is accepted so please plan accordingly. The Guide will be covered by the CFSG.

Map of location: GOOGLE MAPS

Pelican Dive Charter
728 Casa Loma Blvd
Boyuton Beach, FL 33435
Boat Slip #17

PDC: More information on Pelican Dive Charters can be found on their website: PCD

RSVP is Required:
I have reserved the entire boat less 1 spot (for the guide). That leaves 13 available spots for this dive trip for our group. Early RSVP is recommended. You can book "Maybe" if interested, however a firm "YES" RSVP is required no later than 11 AM on Tuesday the 16th. I hafta release any leftover spots. If we have 6 attend, the boat will most likely be ours and other members may jump in after the 16th but it is best to rsvp sooner than that.
icosm14.gif

Since this is a small boat, there is an initial cap of 1 guest per person. If you are wanting to bring more please contact me ahead of time to discuss and we will see how things pan out.

In order to track RSVP's more efficiently, the preferred method of RSVP is to go to the CFSG's meetup page. Please visit www.CFScuba.com to RSVP. Free to join!
icosm14.gif
You may also reply to this post to RSVP if you wish.

Thanks!!!

Is Pelican rebreather friendly?

Morning dive off Boynton on Sunday morning sounds perfect, since I was already planning on staying with friends in Lighthouse Point that weekend for the SingleDivers happy hour on Friday night anyway (and also hoping to do some diving in the area Saturday). Since I've gotta drive north back to my home in Titusville on Sunday, this is right on the way.

Count me in! It's always nice to meet other Florida divers.

>*< Fritz

Is Pelican rebreather friendly?

I just called about rebreathers. Thay have no problem whatsoever with using a rebreather. The guideline would be to come up with the last tank diver or roughly 1:20.

I also gave them flack about the www lol. They have been busy diving :)

I just RSVP'd on Meetup site... -Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom