Evening/Night Dive in Hono

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubacoastie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi I will be coming down for a one day visit on the 15th of Apr but my plane does not get in until 4 pm. I am looking for any dive shops or local divemasters to do a quick one or two tank dive. I have to be out of the water by 9 pm so I have enough deco time before my flight out the next morning. I am PADI cert adv open water and Nitrox. Any information would be appricated

man thats cutting it close not sure its posible. your plane arrives a the worst time traffic wise.im guessing your bringing dive gear with you, if not forget it no way your going to get to the shop fitted then to a dive site and out of the water by 9pm.hmmm..... its so nuts to even try it im almost tempted. do you have your own gear? will you need weights? how much experience do you have? what time does your flight out leave? will you be renting a car? the only thing i can think of is if you rented a car left the airport came straight to the dive site which would be a shore dive not far from the airport. id have the tanks with me. maybe its posible to get two dives in at kakaako beach park. we would have to hump the gear from the parking lot to the entry spot which is a small hike but a very good entry point.

Gotta love the scuba enthusiasm to endure all the traffic, scheduling stress, and risk DCI to get wet in Hawaii, especially when you are from the midwest.

I would be the same way - all my local dive sites here are cold, murky and all life and topography is in brown shades from greenish brown to blackish brown.

Even if you dive shallow depths, I would dive Nitrox, just to have that much less nitrogen in you. Be prepared for many posts from all the "Safety Petes" out there that might flame you for risking shortened time to fly, but I'm with you Bro!

Fortunately for me, my business trip to Hawaii in May will allow plenty of diving. What torture to be there and not dive!

well not really planing to go all the way to the end from shore.lol having dove the pipe from shore a bunch of times ive found some cool stuff and some surprising reef. but since i havent heard back from him im not going to worry about it then try to put it together at the last minute. and to think I left a call of duty 4 server to check this thread? never again.

yeah dont be talking about that "kahala" issue on here not too many people are aware of that story, and i would love to keep it that way. well lets see what happens. havent dove with ken in ages now im really up for it.

Last edited:
It was nice of you to offer tanks and all that, Mr. Black. Maybe the guy gave up checking this thread after Good Friday.

ok so is this a dead issue or is it still on im kind of looking forward to it now. but if not then i do have this idea for a great dive. im thinking a night dive on three tables.just an idea

Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner, my job kept me from going and work just piled up so I have not checked the board in awhile. Thanks for all the replys and I hope one day to make it down to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom