European Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Azotomix (Stefano),
Thanks for replying. I will post a seperate thread for this topic. To solve a few mysteries, I am Italian -American female, 28 and am a paralegal. I graduated college about 5 years ago. I studied in Italy about 6 years ago, and loved it. I do speak Italian, however not fluently. I want to move to Italy for a year (I would stay forever if that was possible) to become fluent. I can live with family in Sorrento, but would like a little money to spend. Maybe my family knows someone that owns a shop....

I can upgrade my certification before I get there, that would not be a problem.

Anyway, I hope to be diving European waters soon.....

I will send you an e-mail if i come up with more questions.

Ciao!!!!

XOgufo(Deanna)

There are a couple of Italian boards as well, so if you have half decent Italian, you coul post there and get some answers from the locals, or at least find some new buddies to dive with.

I have some friends who dive, who are based in Milan, Genoa and Rome, I could get the details of the Italian boards from them if you want

Conor:
There are a couple of Italian boards as well, so if you have half decent Italian, you coul post there and get some answers from the locals, or at least find some new buddies to dive with.

I have some friends who dive, who are based in Milan, Genoa and Rome, I could get the details of the Italian boards from them if you want
Hi Conor,
That would be great if you could get information from your friends!!! Thanks!!

Learnt to dive 3 years ago in Northern Corfu with Corfu Divers in Cassiopi. In the entire 4 day course I saw .....3 grey mullet.....so not hugely exciting, sadly all coral and a lot of fish are dead because of over-fishing and shipping lanes. The worst thing about not seeing anything in the water while learning to dive is you spend the entire time focusing on yourself ie 'Oh m'gawd. I'm underwater and breathing. This is sooooo weird!' Fortunately the next time I went diving it was in Sharm which was amazing. Being Scottish though I hope to dive Scapa Flow one of these days but, until then, it is warm waters rather than European waters.

it is warm waters rather than European waters.

The Mediteranea on the french coast is full of fiches (there are less and less fischermen), 26°C in summer (August,September),
and actually in November 20°C.
Very different than in Corefu, or Scapa Flow. This is Europe too :wink:

Holà, Salut, Hi

Just a quick hello to say that I am back round here occasionally,

JonT

XOgufo:
Hi Conor,
That would be great if you could get information from your friends!!! Thanks!!

Hi

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. One of my friends had pointed out a Italian dive board to me a while back. When I asked her for the details again she couldn't remember the site.

She has passed on some links to general dive web-sites, if you want them PM me.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Conor

Back
Top Bottom