EUP ~ Edmonds Underwater Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
This is a dive site that I have count as my least favorite of the local easy access sites. It takes a shovel to get deeper than 45' within the boundaries of the park and quite a swim to even get that deep. Incoming current can push you South toward the ferry terminal. I think I have been overlooking a gem. Since this is a Marine Preserve the fish are fearless for the most part and while guarding eggs can get downright testy... especially the cabezon.

Thumbnail links to individual pictures:

Seasonally, Hooded Nudibranchs inhabit the eel grass at EUP. During those times one might see literally hundreds of them, but at other times none.

Thumbnail links to individual pictures of Hooded Nudibranchs:

Some of my EUP pics ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Since this is a Marine Preserve the fish are fearless for the most part and while guarding eggs can get downright testy... especially the cabezon.

I've been popped in the head quite firmly by cabezon there... It just snuck up on me from outside my field of vision. I watched as one mauled a rock crab, shaking him violently from side to side, limbs flying. Seems the crab was encroaching... so I stayed back, and just observed this great fish guarding its egg cluster.

I live a few miles West of the park, so vicinity, family, and business obligations often conspire to make this my most frequent dive destination.

Other amenities include a friendly little coffee shop, just over the tracks. They never seem to mind me padding in there, wearing my wetsuit, between dives.

I wish I were there today, it's incredibly gorgeous outside... but I'm stuck indoors with a fierce head/chest cold.

Sincere thanks for the pictures,

Steve

Steve Egner:
I wish I were there today, it's incredibly gorgeous outside... but I'm stuck indoors with a fierce head/chest cold.
Steve, same here... that's why I started going through my pictures and posted at thread about Alki and this one about EUP.

Still, even though I can't go diving we are going to take the sea kayaks out today... it is just too beautiful to stay indoors.

Bob... great pictures! You must have a really good camera. :D

Kayak.jpg

Uncle Pug:
Bob... great pictures! You must have a really good camera. :D
I also have a really good mentor ... but I haven't been diving with him very much lately ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Are we all sick? I spent four hours in the water at the Junkyard today, and never got below ten feet. Sigh.

With all that neat stuff shallow why bother with deep? Just an observation from the life form deprived great lakies. :)

How far is this place from Seattle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom