Etiquette if the shop doesn't fill the tank completely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Establishing a relationship with your LDS and enquiring about their filling procedures is - IMHO - the easiest way forward. I never had a problem requesting top ups and my LDS never took it personally when I asked.

Seriously??? There is virtually no overhead so the charge is almost entirely profit.
Sure there is. Compressors and filter stacks aren't free and actually rather expensive. Add personnel training, their time to fill, as well as the electricity, and there's not much profit unless you fill a butt-ton number of tanks. Most shops don't do that.

Speaking of which, I need to finish setting my compressor up here. Well, it's not my compressor, but it will live here.

Places near me are $10 or less.

So OK, filling a set of doubles is cheaper by the CF, as long as you don't need more than 117.64705 cf to fill them. *at 0.17/cf*

Some "by the cf" places also have a minimum fill charge too.
$10 or less for Nitrox? I call BS

Places near me are $10 or less.

So OK, filling a set of doubles is cheaper by the CF, as long as you don't need more than 117.64705 cf to fill them. *at 0.17/cf*

Some "by the cf" places also have a minimum fill charge too.

I never seen a minimum charge from anyone. The Cf places in cave country have topped off for free more times than I can count.

I never seen a minimum charge from anyone. The Cf places in cave country have topped off for free more times than I can count.

$7 min

Screenshot_2023-10-21-11-01-14-832.jpg

My LDS sells me nitrox fill cards for twelve tanks, $99. I get 3500 psi every time.

Force-E in SEFL sells Nitrox fill cards for $10.50 (10 fills) to $10 (25 fills) per fill. They also regularly have sales which is when I buy mine. My last 10 fill card I got for $84.26 after tax. I always stock up when they have sales or when I’ve earned a $25 reward coupon. This allows me to get HP100 36% fills for $7.50-$8.50 each. They are filled to 3500-3800 every time.

IMG_7077.png

$7 min
Haha, search the board. No one shops there. Hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom