ETA form for Australia requirement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Barbie

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the ETA form? Is it required to enter Australia?

Australia's Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is the most advanced and streamlined travel authorisation system in the world.

The ETA is an electronically stored authority for travel to Australia for short-term visits or business entry. It replaces the visa label or stamp in a passport and removes the need for application forms.

Many Thanks,
DD

I'm waiting for Trip-n-tour to send my travel docs and ETA's. I've called about the ETA and you are supposed to be able to get them from a travel company. I'll let you know when I receive them.:rolleyes:

Caymaniac

Check out the ETA website for more info:

ETA Website

Here in the UK you can either get the ETA yourself online (via the website above, just need some passport details) for AU$20 or get your Travel Agent to do it for you for £20.

Therefore I saved myself the money and did it myself.

Applying online only takes a few minutes and the visa is valid for 1 year (with max single visit of up to 3 months for a tourist one).
Once this is done you do not get any paperwork as it is electronic (although if you write down your reference number you can check it is still OK via the internet whenever you want).

When you go to check in with the airline they will use your passport number to check you have a valid ETA.

HTH

I went to Australia 2 years ago and the standard visa on arrival/passport stamping was fast and easy. I just filled out the forms and stood in line which went rather quickly.

RSdiver said...
I went to Australia 2 years ago and the standard visa on arrival/passport stamping was fast and easy.

I went to Australia a couple of weeks ago and the airline refused to issue a boarding pass to my boyfriend (who is British) because he did not have an ETA. Fortunately we were able to get one before the flight closed. I don't know when the ETA system was introduced, but maybe it is a new thing since your visit.

Zept

I finally received my ETA from Australian govt' , now I have the docs for my trip, only 27 days left:wacko: (':whoa:')
WHOA!
26 hours of flight time:bonk: But, another opportunity of a life time :D Another chance to dive the world and herald the reef:)

Caymaniac

it's a visa! Just do it online - there will be links at your local Aus Embassy - that's what I did last year and it was a 2 minute job, just have your passport handy.

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom