eSIMs for Cozumel- recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this mean you pay $55 / month? And is that just for Mexico & Canada or true international calling & data?
Magenta 55 is T Mobile (older plan) for over 55 year of age. It was $35 a line but you needed to get 2 line ($70 usd for 2 lines including tax ...) . I moved to the Magenta 55 Max ($45 x 2) and still have it. It is about the same as their new plan but only 5 GB of 5g in Mexico vs 15GB. I am only using data while away from condo. They offer WIFI calling and I use WIFI data in condo.
Only 1 person needs to be over 55. I think you can get upto 4 lines.

Magenta 55 is T Mobile (older plan) for over 55 year of age. It was $35 a line but you needed to get 2 line ($70 usd for 2 lines including tax ...) . I moved to the Magenta 55 Max ($45 x 2) and still have it. It is about the same as their new plan but only 5 GB of 5g in Mexico vs 15GB.
Only 1 person needs to be over 55. I think you can get upto 4 lines.
I also get free wifi on United and American. Don't fly Delta much so not sure on them. I picked t-mobile some years ago over Verizon and AT&T specifically because of the much better international plan (for me).

I don't understand "same price." I pay nothing extra to use t-mobile internationally
Different residential country, I pay £4.99/month, gives me unlimited calls SMS throughout Europe with 6Gb data. Egypt isn’t in Europe, hence getting a local sim. I live Alexandria, Scotland.

Airalo has been stable for me in Mexico (amongst a list of other places). Their documentation is good, but if you ever attempt to “start” the plan and find it not collecting, restart your device and it will likely fix it.
+1 for Airalo. I use it to purchase an eSIM in all the countries I travel to. For those saying just use WhatsApp, you still need some sort of data plan to use it unless you want to be tied down to locations that offer wifi.

+1 for Airalo. I use it to purchase an eSIM in all the countries I travel to. For those saying just use WhatsApp, you still need some sort of data plan to use it unless you want to be tied down to locations that offer wifi.
I wasn’t impressed with their offering for Egypt. It didn’t provide internet, just FB and email. I ended up purchasing a local sim for less money.

Thoughts on airalo for eSIMs?
It worked fine for me for data and messaging but took some faffing around to activate it once I got to my destination. Mostly on me since I’m not that savvy with various cellular settings etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom