eSIMs for Cozumel- recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatsapp has basically become the worldwide communication tool, there are some other local apps like Line, but many that need to communicate with foreigners will still use Whatsapp.

The annoying thing is that Whatsapp is associated with your phone number, so if you get a local sim card with a local phone number it can break it.

Whatsapp has basically become the worldwide communication tool, there are some other local apps like Line, but many that need to communicate with foreigners will still use Whatsapp.

The annoying thing is that Whatsapp is associated with your phone number, so if you get a local sim card with a local phone number it can break it.
So far, I haven't had a need to install WhatsApp; my iPhone works fine on Cozumel with an inexpensive 30 day international add on from T mobile.

I'm sure that it's happened, but right off the top of my head, I can't think of an individual or business that I haven't contacted via WhatsApp.
Right?

As a Canadian, I got a Telcel sim (physical) years ago and keep it active by putting 20 pesos on it every 6 months if we're not down there. We get absolutely screwed on roaming in Mexico (like $10 / day).

Whatsapp has basically become the worldwide communication tool,

Agreed, it is a must have app for travelers. Has lots of nice features, especially WhatsApp business accounts. It is my primary communication tool in Cozumel (& every other country except N. America) A huge plus is getting restaurant & business info w/o ever having to use F@c!book.

I’ve got a local sim for the same price, but with 10 times the data, free local minutes and free WhatsApp etc.
I don't understand "same price." I pay nothing extra to use t-mobile internationally

Internationally? Beyond Mexico and Canada? What do you pay per month for that?
Nothing extra. I don't think. Just part of my Magenta 55 plan.

Nothing extra. I don't think. Just part of my Magenta 55 plan.
Does this mean you pay $55 / month? And is that just for Mexico & Canada or true international calling & data?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom