ER message on Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YCW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
While playing with the buttons on my Mosquito during one of the surface intervals, I have accidentally switched the diving mode on the dive comp to FREE diving. During the next dive the dive comp locked up after 5 minutes of diving, and gave me an ER message (Mosquito has a 5 minute bottom time limit on the free diving mode). When in ER mode, the dive comp will only work as a depth gauge. It remained so for 48 hours before it unlocks itself. Well, it is my own fault but still it s**ked big time, as I have to dive without a dive comp for the next 2 days....

Its in the manual, but worth knowing about. It will also do that if you skip or go above the ceiling if you push it into deco. I use the vyper if i need a BT, but usually use both the mosquito and vyper when i need redundancy for NDL dives.

Been there, done that.

Good thing I also have a bottomtimer... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom