Equipment Storage at Dressel Divers, Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ianw58

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are headed to Iberostar/Dressel Divers in October. I would like info on the gear storage set up. We just got back from Coco View last weekend. We've dived at Scuba Club many times, but never from the southern part of the island.

What is the gear cleaning/rinsing set up?

What is the storage set up?

How big are the units?

Do we need to brig our onw lock(s)?

Thanks!

There is a gear rinse bin behind the building.

For storage, there are sliding bins. Think of them as large milk crates. You need to bring a padlock. They will sell you one if they have one.

Units are plenty big to put all your gear.

There is a seperate wetsuit drying room. They lock both rooms at night.

Jackie's description is very accurate. Take your own lock (one for each diver). This has become my go-to dive op in Coz. In fact, I was there last week. I've also been to scuba club a dozen or so times, that being said here's a few differences you'll notice: the boat ride is short, so get your gear set up right away. The SI is at the resort. You'll need to leave your weights on the boat when you're done for the day. Oh, Nitrox is free if you've got your cert card, the fills are typically 32-34%. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy diving from the south end of the island, our longest boat ride was under 15 minutes and that was to big sur. Have a great trip!!

I take my regulator and leave the crate unlocked. The rinse bin is huge, and there is a dedicated camera section. (Not sure everyone realizes that, though.)

Back
Top Bottom