Equipment questions??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petri

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this website and was looking for some answers to a couple questions. I was given a Scubapro MK20 nitrox 1st stage regulator and was wondering if it is for nitrox mix only or can I use it with standard diving?

Also I was given aScubapro R190 2nd stage reg and a G250HP 2nd stage reg. Are these compatible with a Scubapro MK20 Nitrox 1st stage reg?

If anybody can help me with these questions I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

Petri

Welcome to the Board, Petri.

I can answer your 1st question. You can use it with standard air. Just keep in mind that if you want to ever use it with a mix greater than 40%, you'll have to have it O2 cleaned.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the answer to your 2nd question.

The "normal" Mk 20 (or any recent SP reg for that matter) is approved for use with nitrox up to and including 40%.

The Mk 20 with the Nitrox kit is approved for use with O2 up to 100% at 3500 psi. This is assuming of course that it has not been used with non nitrox compatible air since it was O2 cleaned.

You can use the Mk 20 Nitrox with air as long as it meets the standards needed for use in nitrox mixes and then still use it with Nitrox mixes over 40%. Basically this would be grade E air with some additional lower limits on hydrocarbons. And as indicated above, if you use it with non nitrox compatible air, you will need it O2 cleaned again before using it with mixes over 40%.

The G250 would make an excellent primary second stage on a Mk 20 and the R190 would make an excellent octo.

Since you probably don't know exactly where it has been, it would be a good idea to get the reg serviced. The tech could then also tune the G250HP and R190 to your specific first stage for optimum performance.

Petri:
Also I was given aScubapro R190 2nd stage reg and a G250HP 2nd stage reg. Are these compatible with a Scubapro MK20 Nitrox 1st stage reg?

i think this is the only question that hasn't been answered by now, and the
answer is yes.

basically, any second stage will work with any first stage, except maybe for
some unique types.

(if anyone knows otherwise, please chime in)

Hi There Petri,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and Safe Diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

A reg good to use with Nitrox will do fine with regular air. For more info along those lines, plese explore our Reg sub forum

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome!! Any question you have, you can probably find a post about it in the archives, or just ask away and someone will steer you to an answer, as you've seen.

H2Andy:
(if anyone knows otherwise, please chime in)
All those guys who responded earlier were sending you after a bucket of propwash, Petri. Those regs are crap. If you dive them, they'll kill you.

What you need to do is immediately box them up and send them to me! Don't delay! Act now! I will dispose of them safely, and ensure that they never have any opportunity to do you wrong. :D

You can rely on me to keep you safe,

Doc

[Joking. They're sweet regs. Have them serviced and enjoy many dives with them!]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom