Equipment question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks guys i decided to get the stuff i mentioned in my first post thanks for all the help!!!

yeah by control i meant while on the surface of the water i cant keep balance and seem to fall back horizontally.
and I'm a warm water diver i really only dive in Egypt but i want to start diving locally here in Ontario.
it also takes me a while to get the feel off how much weight i need so that could be the problem but right now i feel good at 11 kg (or pounds not sure what they use in Egypt) since i like to be a bit lower in the water then everyone else.
It's not just the amount of weight, you could have just the right amount. It's about weight distribution, you may not have it in the best place. If you are falling back perhaps you have your weights mostly behind you on your belt, or are using a steel tank? If anything, people more often complain about getting pushed forward when using BI. It depends on your tank, your wetsuit, and other factors.

When you say you like to be lower in the water, are you talking about surface again? That's should really be a matter of how much air you have in your BC. Your weight should be the amount that makes you neutral with an almost empty tank at your safety stop. Anything beyond that is controlled by the air in your BC and fine tuned with your breath (which is something gyou pick up with practice.) Your goal is to always be neutral.

Hey,
I'm getting my first set of equipment soon and would like to know what you guys think about think about the Scubapro MK17/X650 Regulator and the Cressi Aqualight R bcd.

Pce :cool2:

Good stuff, you should be well pleased.

yeah by control i meant while on the surface of the water i cant keep balance and seem to fall back horizontally.

Don't be at the surface. Seriously. Nothing is comfortable at the surface. Put the reg in, get in the water, and go diving.

yeah but i have to wait for the people on the surface im not aloud to go down until everyone is done.

oh yeah and sorry i said fell back didn't i? i meant i follow forwards like on my stomach. when i say i like to be lower in the water i meant while we are in our dive im under everyone a bit not at the same level. and my weights are all done by the people Sinai divers in Egypt they distribute the weight properly i think since im well balanced in a jacket style bcd.

im not sure if im using a steel tank or not but im pretty sure i am since im just using a rental tank from the center.

EDIT: Thanks to TeamCasa the only one who actually told me if its a good idea or not :D:balloons:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom