equipment of some divers we had this month...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buiszie

Contributor
Reaction score
Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Indonesia, Indonesia
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Nice equipment. A few divers were wearing it last week.....

DSC02602.JPGDSC02603.JPGDSC02604.JPGDSC02605.JPGDSC02606.JPGDSC02607.JPGDSC02608.JPGDSC02602.JPG

Looks like the original ScubaPro stabilizer jacket, still one of the best jacket style BCs. The later model was improver by repositioning the dump valve on the back of the right shoulder rather than the front. It is probably as vintage as a jacket BC can be.

The brand is Northern Diver and the material is Hypalon. At that time ScubaPro forced Northen Diver tostop to make these BCDs cuz they looked to much of ScubaPros own ones. Our customers are diving with it and they do it regulary....:)

To my son, Queens "Another one bites the dust" is vintage. I try to explain all the reasons it isn't but he doesn't get the difference.
I would like an original SP Stab for my collection though. It represents an important transition in BC design IMO.

To my son, Queens "Another one bites the dust" is vintage. I try to explain all the reasons it isn't but he doesn't get the difference.
I would like an original SP Stab for my collection though. It represents an important transition in BC design IMO.
I have two of them.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 66
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 65
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 62
He probably doesn't even listen to records does he! Funny how time kinda stands still when it was new when you where and the young ones laugh and point.

Very nice. They look like his and hers. Do you still dive them?
Yeah I still have them.
They were given to me by a guy who they were given to by a lady that's husband got bitten in half by a shark somewhere in Florida. As a widow she decided to never go back into the ocean so they sat for years in a closet. My buddy went to do a bedroom remodel for her and they discovered them. She forgot they were even in there...mind suppression.
They were in a box along with two complete sets of MK5/109's which I kept.
I've never used them. The small one needs a strap on the back but the large one is complete. The Air2's would need to be gone through.
I'm going to ebay them, unless you want them make me an offer I'll consider anything.
We're going to use any money from them to pay towards campsites at our favorite campground.

Back
Top Bottom