Equipment insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to take my dive equipment with me on holiday this year and need insurance against loss or damage. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company and an approximate price that I will have to pay. I will be travelling from the UK to the med. for two weeks.

Thanks

Kevin

In the past, I have always trusted my equipment and underwater photo gear to the airline baggage gods and have had good luck. All it cost was a sacrificial offering or two per year. But with the cost of sacrificial victims on the rise, I've had to explore alternatives.

My photo guy at the local dive shop had his gear added as a rider to his home owners policy. When I started adding the replacement costs of all my gear together, that's something I decided to look into (after some obligatory procrastination, of course).

Thanks, Ken

Another alternative if you don't trust the airline baggage system is to ship it UPS to the hotel where your staying, be sure to tell the manager to expect it. Even if you are comfortable with the airline baggage system, sometimes that's easier than lugging it with you to/from the airports. I did that recently on a trip between south Florida and Seattle. I lugged the gear with me to Seattle, but it was such a hassle that I shipped it back UPS ground for the return trip, and carried on my regulators.

I am going to buy a pair of the rubbermaid ActionPackers. You can lock them with padlocks & check them and carry on the stuff you think is fragile & important. I put my reg, bc, & mask in the "important" category so I stash them in a roll-aboard case.

Greg C.... Where/when did you dive Seattle?

-kate

I only managed to get in one dive at Titlow Beach in Tacoma on Sunday, 4-29. I was up there for other reasons, but took my dry suit and dive gear with me. I have to say I do miss the availability of quality shore diving in the NW.

Originally posted by scubakat

Greg G.... Where/when did you dive Seattle?

-kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom