Equipment Inspections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanks have to be hydroed annually where I live (*grumble*) if you want to get them filled in shops so tanks get done once a year. Hydro is usually same day service as long as you ring in advance to let them know.

Regs, every 250 dives or so, so a year and a bit. Service turnaround has been one week though with my new sets of regs it will probably take longer as I will be sending them interstate (first service on my new regs is free!). I hope to learn how to service them myself eventually. I would be unhappy with three weeks if it was not expected.

Never had BCs serviced, but I do check them myself to make sure they are ok. I had a leak in a wing once and that was fixed in a couple of days for me at little cost.

I have user replaceable batteries in my computer. I wear two sometimes and compare their readings.

My SPG, well I have two of them so I compare them now and then to make sure they are not reading differently. I guess they could both break but I figured that was unlikely. They get taken in with my regs so I guess they must be tested during servicing...

Drysuit repairs I get done at a repairer (not a dive shop though). Turnaround is usually one week though the guy is very good at urgent repairs. My buddy ripped his neck seal right before a trip away and he did the repair in time. And he also tightened a neck seal for me, loaned me some thermals to go down the road for a dive and check it out and said if it wasn't right then he'd quickly repair it in time for a trip I had in two days. Great service!

I would never get a service done right before a trip. The only work I have done right before a trip is emergency drysuit repairs! Why do they always start leaking just before a trip???

Slowly, I am learning to do the maintenance stuff myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom