Equipment Color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 80's called, they want their dayglo gear back. :rofl3:

Heeeey...I grew up through the late 70's and early eighty's. I know bell bottoms, satin shirts, and big collars are out; but we did have a great time. If the ladies like pink, then then one of the most manly colors has to be hunter safety orange, to which I am comfortable wearing because it keeps me safe. I do find it interesting that surface markers don't have the highly reflective tape that they mark road signs. What if the diver was left by the boat and the search went into the hours of darkness? A diver having a highly reflective surface marker would certainly be picked up sooner than later. Take for instance the football players that capsized in the gulf. Being visible may be the difference between life and death.

I do find it interesting that surface markers don't have the highly reflective tape that they mark road signs. What if the diver was left by the boat and the search went into the hours of darkness? A diver having a highly reflective surface marker would certainly be picked up sooner than later.
Mine does! (Tobin makes the best stuff!)

In Japan most women divers coordinate their gear colors. Pink, blue, orange, yellow. They really don't want black that looks like tech divers, but want to look like they are having fun on a tropical island. Most people find their guide or buddy by their fins. I use Tusa SF-8 yellow and black in Hawaii and SF-8 Red and black in Japan. The rest of my gear is black, except octo is yellow.

In Japan most women divers coordinate their gear colors. Pink, blue, orange, yellow. They really don't want black that looks like tech divers, but want to look like they are having fun on a tropical island. Most people find their guide or buddy by their fins. I use Tusa SF-8 yellow and black in Hawaii and SF-8 Red and black in Japan. The rest of my gear is black, except octo is yellow.

If you come down to the tropical island of Okinawa, Japan and want to know where to dive check out www.hotdive.com where I have plotted all of the dive sites. Most of these can be dove from shore.

Daiika Thanks for backing me up! That in the land of Ninja's (Japan), now everyone likes color instead of all black. Tusa is making a killing in sales over here because of the colorful scuba gear.

Here is a picture of my dive buddy in Iromote, Okinawa, Japan and a large Manta Ray in the background. Notice she is Japanese and she is wearing all white and yellow and she really pops in this photo! I loved taking pictures of her, even when she was in the distance against a deep blue back ground she would stand out.

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 86

Back
Top Bottom