Epcot DiveQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe, you will not regret the experiance. You can bring your own mask and bathing suit. Disney/Epcot will provide everything else. I don't remember what equipment they use, I do remember that there is just a 1st stage, a 2nd stage and a pressure gauge. No octo. I also remember being overwieghted. You get an awsome behind the scene look and will see lots of stuff.

I have not heard of anyone that didn't enjoy the time they spent there.

Remember that the cost is for the dive only, but they turn you lose inside the park at the end of it all. So the 4:30 dive is the one we did.

When are you going?

Do a search on here - its been mentioned many times.

Its OK as a novelty one-off thing to do (although far from cheap). You can take your own mask and nothing else. You are monstrously overweighted. Dives are iirc 45 minutes.

Its fun though for a one-off.

Edit:- going through my log my dive was 41 minutes, water temperature 27c. Max depth 7.3m, average depth 5m and apparently had 8kg (17lb) of weight which is 4x what i'd normally wear in the same suit.

I did the dive about a year ago and enjoyed it. They do overweight you quite a bit, I had my BC pretty full to get neutral. If you know what weight you need for 2.5 mm shorty it may help but my guess is they overweight everyone. I think the money goes to a wild life fund which make the price easier to handle. I took my computer on wrist no problem either. It was a neat experience that for me was worth the cost.

I did it as well and had a blast. Entertaining the people in the restaurant was real cool. And for my wife it was a treat to be able to actually see me diving. She is in a wheelchair and unable to get in the water other than a pool with me holding her. So for her and her family to be able to watch me swim, hover, and then come up to them and take off my mask and take out the reg was pretty neat. ANd yes the cost does not go to Disney. The park anyway. It goes to their wildlife conservation fund. Look at it as a charitable donation. BUt everyone is right. You are severly overweighted. I had about 18 lbs on! I needed about 4lbs. 63 cu ft tanks, scubapro bc's and when I was there Atomic regs. No octo. The DM's have them but the guest setups are a primary, lp, and spg.

Joe, you will not regret the experiance. You can bring your own mask and bathing suit. Disney/Epcot will provide everything else. I don't remember what equipment they use, I do remember that there is just a 1st stage, a 2nd stage and a pressure gauge. No octo. I also remember being overwieghted. You get an awsome behind the scene look and will see lots of stuff.

I have not heard of anyone that didn't enjoy the time they spent there.

Remember that the cost is for the dive only, but they turn you lose inside the park at the end of it all. So the 4:30 dive is the one we did.

When are you going?

My friend that REALLY wants to do this is calling today to check the Labor Day (Sun/Mon) sch. So as of right now it is looking like next weekend.

Thanks.

It's fun, you'll have a good time and they are very well organized. Just show up with a mask, C-card and you'll be all set. As someone who dives with sharks and guests just about Evey week in a much smaller tank. I was impressed with the way they do it.

*****ADVERTISEMENT********

After you dive in Orlando, come over to Tampa and dive in The Florida Aquarium's shark tank. A much smaller tank with Black Tips, White Tips, Nurse, Zebra's several 200+ pound turtles and a few Jacks...... You don't swim around, but everything will pass by your face and often. The Golith Grouper might even sit on your head if you don't move.

...or go and dive in the sea with real fish in their natural environment!

...or go and dive in the sea with real fish in their natural environment!

For what it is worth I have nearly 300 dives 10 of which are salt water and two of those are in aquariums. Sorry I would love to see them in the wild but for now this will have to do.

We have been running groups up to the Living Seas once every 3 months for almost 10 years now . Its always been a blast for me , not so much for whats in the tank ( although its very cool ) its the being part of the "show" so to speak . The little ones on the other side of the glass jsut get so excited when you interact with them its incrediable. Have fun ....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom