Epcot Dive Quest.. anyone done it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the dive last weekend! I thought it was a blast! Especially the part where my fiance and her family got to see me. For the first time like others have said no one was struggling or getting eaten by the sharks! My motherinlaw still does not like the fact that I dive but at least she has stopped saying stuff about it. Other than, that was nice, or did you have fun, etc. The tour was cool and the staff and interns very professional IMO. The gear was good stuff w scuba pro bcs and atomic regs. Although my bc was a small and I really needed a medium it was not worth holding everyone up to switch out. I just left the chest strap undone and loosened up everything else. The tanks are al63's and mine had 3100psi when I started and after 40 min got out with 1100. Get ready to be way overweighted though! It felt like I had 16-18 lbs on(did not ask) with a 3mil shorty in 76 degree water. It is a neat experience and going by the restaurant and seeing the kids and adults getting alll excited was cool. I actually stopped a couple of times and did a laid out 180 degree rotation for some of them and that was really cool watching them try to turn their head upside down to watch! I had rice for lunch and thought about how they would really get a fish feeding show if i happened to get sick and puke in my reg but decided against it! I'm kind sick that way sometimes! But one thing no one has mentioned is that if you itemize the cost is tax deductible. All of the money from the divequest and the video at the end goes to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund. Last year they gave over 10 million dollars to research and conservation efforts around the world. Every bit that was raised last year at divequest went into this! So for me that was an extra incentive to go ahead and get the video. It's short yes but it's also probably for me a once in a lifetime deal. I say go for it!

I've done it twice... it's a fun dive, and since I live in Orlando, my last ditch emergency dive (ie- I can't get on a boat, weather sucks, and I overslept so I can't make it to the springs in time).

They offer several discounts. There's a 10% off coupon on the NAUI website, 15% off for annual passholders, 20% off for Disney Visa Cardholders. The discounts get better if you manage to befriend any of the Disney Divers :wink:

You also get a t-shirt after the dive, or you can switch it for a slap strap if you'd prefer.

Lead_carrier:
To each his own. I have to admit this is the first time I ever heard anyone not say it was worth it. As dbush says, if you want to see real coral. Go to the Carribbean, but I have had a huge number of people say that the DiveQuest was well worth it.

Ditto. I researched it a while back because I was thinking about doing it too, and I never saw another person say it wasn't a great time. I must have read 50 reviews on various sites, and all were very positive. I haven't been yet, but I still plan to eventually!

Money was the only issue why I didnt do it. Things were a little tight and I want to be able to buy my son tons of stuff since it was his first real vacation, so I opted not to spend the money this trip. But deffintly next time we are down there, maybe next year, I'm going in.

I've done it twice. Once about eight years ago and once last month. The first time, it was more like a "class". This time it was just a ton of fun! (The briefing room is much more relaxed now, too.) The dive master told us to have fun with the crowd. He even taught us how to "sneak up" on the kids standing at the windows.

There were more fish this time around. I don't remember the giant turtles the first time, either.

I'd say "go for it" for anyone who hasn't done it. Also, Disney lets you stay in the park afterwards, even though they don't promote it. You exit via the gift shop...check out the new "Soarin'" ride before you leave the park if the line isn't too long.

Trish

I am planning on doing it my next trip down to Disney. Why not if I am already there......

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom