Epcot Dive Quest.. anyone done it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbush:
It depends on how desperate you are to dive. If you don't get out much and that is your only opportunity, then it might be worth it, but If you have the time to go to S. FL and dive, then I wouldn't do it. I live in the area and haven't done it just because I'd rather see real coral at half the price. All the "coral" is fake. It is nice that they have a good assortment of fish right there, so you are guaranteed to see variety. Most of the people I know who have done it say it was "OK". On the upside, you don't have to bring any gear since they mandate that you use theirs (they are afraid of bacteria on private gear getting into their tank and killing their fishies), so essentially rental gear is included in the price. Hope this helps...

To each his own. I have to admit this is the first time I ever heard anyone not say it was worth it. As dbush says, if you want to see real coral. Go to the Carribbean, but I have had a huge number of people say that the DiveQuest was well worth it.

I thought it was a lovely experience! Go to shorediving.com and read about 15 trip reports about it.

Knight1989:
Has anyone done the Epcot Dive Quest? Its 140 bucks, I'm wondering is it worth the price?
Rhetorical: Should you log this? Or is it considered a "pool" dive?:wink:

I haven't done it yet, but I probably will on the next vacation with my daughter and her family for the following:

Gas to drvie to Orlando FL from Greenville SC: $80
Epcot Dive Quest: $140
Seeing the faces of your grandchildren as they wave to their diving grandma from the other side of the glass: Priceless

Gas to drvie to Orlando FL from Greenville SC: $80
Epcot Dive Quest: $140
Seeing the faces of your grandchildren as they wave to their diving grandma from the other side of the glass: Priceless

I can certainly understand this motivation. It is a great way to expose non-diving kids or other family members to diving. Bubble watching on a boat just doesn't do it.

I am going to say it was worth it because:

1) My kids loved being the center of attention - they are both AOW and its a super easy dive

2) My wife (who does not dive) got to see what goes on underwater and guess what - no one was struggling to stay alive and everyone certaintly looked like they were having fun.

DD

Did it. Happened to be at a convention with nothing else to do. My husband and I had never had an aquarium experience. Mugging for the crowd was fun. I kept signaling that my husband was crazy as he pulled out his reg and grinned for the audience.

I'm a little late on this thread, but I'm booked for DiveQuest on October 1. I know it's a touristy/easy dive, but I am looking forward to interacting with everyone on the other side of the glass! I was booked for it last year but Epcot had the Living Seas closed for refurbishment and no one would have been able to watch.

I'm excited about it :)

Just got back from Epcot and I did not do the dive, but I wish I had. I deffinitly will next time I go down there.

I loved it. don't think I'll do it again though
while we were waiting on another group to finish they took us behind the dolphin tank.
those guys get a little rowdy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom