Epcot Dive Quest.. anyone done it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight1989

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Taking a trip down to Orlando in a few weeks and spending a few days at Disney World. Has anyone done the Epcot Dive Quest? Its 140 bucks, I'm wondering is it worth the price? Any thoughts or experiances are more than welcome.

It depends on how desperate you are to dive. If you don't get out much and that is your only opportunity, then it might be worth it, but If you have the time to go to S. FL and dive, then I wouldn't do it. I live in the area and haven't done it just because I'd rather see real coral at half the price. All the "coral" is fake. It is nice that they have a good assortment of fish right there, so you are guaranteed to see variety. Most of the people I know who have done it say it was "OK". On the upside, you don't have to bring any gear since they mandate that you use theirs (they are afraid of bacteria on private gear getting into their tank and killing their fishies), so essentially rental gear is included in the price. Hope this helps...

It's a unique dive, I'd say it's worth doing once if you don't mind the $140. It's been reviewed on plenty of threads on this board, check out "Similar Threads" below.

do a search on the board for Epcot or Epcot dive. You'll come up with a few posts with many threads on the Epcot experience. But, that said, IMO it's worth the money, although the video they try to sell you afterwards is expensive and leaves something to be desired.

ok, I'll save you the trouble.

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=3080786

Been there, done that, bought the DVD.

Fun dive. I will probably do it again next January when my little niece and nephew will be on the other side of the glass to interact with.

I wrote a pretty long review of my experience here

My husband and I enjoyed the dive as well as the tour prior to the dive. My favorite part was waving at the tourists, "Hey look a DIVER! She's waving, hey she's waving at us--Hi Diver! Hi Diver!"
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
My husband and I enjoyed the dive as well as the tour prior to the dive. My favorite part was waving at the tourists, "Hey look a DIVER! She's waving, hey she's waving at us--Hi Diver! Hi Diver!"
Ber :lilbunny:
No doubt, the most fun part of the dive was interacting with the little kids on the other side of the glass both in the exhibit and the restaurant.

A close second was the parade back through the exhibit in dripping wetsuits with crowds of kids rushing up to greet the divers that just came out of the water.

MtnDiver:
No doubt, the most fun part of the dive was interacting with the little kids on the other side of the glass both in the exhibit and the restaurant.

Actually the adults were acting like that the kids just got big eyes and stared :eyebrow:

I just got back from Epcot last week. I did the dive while I was there. It was fun getting "behind the scenes", and interacting with people on the other side of the glass, but all in all, I'm not sure I would do it again.

I would recommend doing it once, if the price doesn't bother you too much. But, for me, it still ended up diving in a fishbowl. You do get closer to the fish than you would in the wild, but after seeing the same fish swim around the tank a few dozen times it did get old forme.

YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom