EON Steel firmware update suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So basically Suunto has not been addressing any the suggestions in this owners thread. Sad. However lets hope we dont have to wait another 18 months for the next update.

Pretty much! :-(

hmm just curious .. what happend with version 1.3 .. why it skipped from 1.2 to 1.4.26 .. as for the rest, finally, time to test it :)

I wondered the same thing myself. I didn't believe there was an update when the firmware version was put on here. Thought maybe it was for something else as it should have been another 1.2.19 I believe.

it is a bit off topic .. but related

DEAR DIVER,
We send this email to notify you of a product recall that requires your action.

Suunto has identified a potential safety risk affecting all Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Suunto Tank PODs which wirelessly transmit tank air pressure to compatible Suunto dive computers. In two reported incidents, the exterior case of a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter have failed during regular dry land pressure testing. Although extremely rare, this represents a potential risk of injury, due to risk of bursting.

Diver safety is of highest importance to Suunto. Therefore, we have decided to initiate a recall of all Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Suunto Tank PODs. Both of the known incidents happened to the Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter. However, since the mechanical construction of these two products is very similar, we are also recalling the Tank PODs as a precaution.

Suunto will inspect and upgrade all the affected products via Suunto’s service network, free of charge for you. Do not use the affected products before they have been upgraded.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. As a complementary service, we will provide a battery replacement free of charge and a one-year warranty from the date of inspection for all upgraded products.

Identification of the affected products:

Trans-1-email_pic_290x260.jpg

Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter
  • Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter has a black cone-shaped plastic case – with SUUNTO, FINLAND printed on top of the case. The old model has a black plastic base.
  • The new model has a transparent plastic based with an LED light.
  • Size: diameter 4 cm, length 8 cm
  • Compatible Products: Suunto D4i, D4i Novo, D6i, D6i Novo, D9, D9tx, DX, Vytec, Vytec DS, Vyper Novo, HelO2, Vyper Air.

Trans-2-email_pic_290x260.jpg

Suunto Tank POD

• Suunto Tank POD has a black cone-shaped plastic case with SUUNTO TANK POD, MADE IN FINLAND printed in gray color on the case and a transparent plastic base.

• Size: diameter 4 cm, length 8 cm
  • Compatible products: Suunto EON Steel dive computer.

Please take the following actions if you own a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter or a Suunto Tank POD:
  1. Do not use the affected product(s) before they are upgraded.

2. Bring the product(s) to your nearest authorized Suunto dive dealer or a Suunto Authorized Service Center for inspection and upgrade.
    A list of dealers and authorized service centers can be found at: Dealer Locator . You may also use the free Suunto Online Service Request (only available for certain countries) to get your product(s) picked up from your home/office.
  3. When you receive your upgraded product(s), please register the product(s) at MySuunto to ensure you receive a full one-year warranty extension from the date of inspection.
  4. Please help us spread the message about this recall and share this information with your dive buddies that are using a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter or a Suunto Tank POD. Thank you!

More information on the recall can be found at http://www.suunto.com/recall or contact Suunto Support at: http://www.suunto.com/Support/

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your co-operation. We will do our utmost to prevent this kind of incidents from happening in the future.

Yours sincerely,

The Suunto Dive Team

- Display "CCR diluent" or "CCR Tx, diluent" for CC gas. Display "OC diluent" or "OC Tx, diluent" for OC gas.

Diluent being Air, "Nitrox O2%", "Tx O2%/Helium%", or "He 02%/Helium%".

When is the Next Software Update to Add Suggestions?

Shearwater and Scubapro have Dual Tank Pressures Displayed for Sidemount. Suunto can Add that Functionality for CCR Oxygen and Diluent.

More information on the recall can be found at http://www.suunto.com/recall or contact Suunto Support at: http://www.suunto.com/Support/

Dear Suunto:

I would like to mail my pod in to have the recall fix done to it and I would like to get it sent back to me - without having to drive 1.5 hours at traffic time each way to my preferred LDS for either pick-up or drop off.
Please, how do I get this going in that way?

I inquired the same with customer service on your web-page, but the wait for a reply seems to go north of 5 days now - is that normal?

Firmware Update Resets your Screen Settings, Again.
With the exception of the first firmware 1.1 in June of 15, the last three have kept all my settings and custom settings on my Eon Steel. In DM5 however I did have to change units from metric back to imperial, not a big deal. One thing that was different this time though, when I launched DM5 to download some dives off my Eon Steel it prompted me to download the new version of DM5, I clicked the ask me later box. When reopened DM5 later I could not get the prompt to download the new version so I could then download the firmware. I ended up going to Suuntos website and downloading it.

Allow CCR Fixed PO2 Setting to be Set to Hundreds Instead of Tenths (i.e. 1.35).

Back
Top Bottom