Eon Core Error code d1c00600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PJ.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi
just wondering if anyone has a similar problem and if they found a solution. or if they had to take it to a service center and how much it cost to fix.
I turned on my suunto eon core today and it would not boot up. I get a black screen with system failure, error code d1c00600.
Thanks in advance

I had an error code on my Eon Steel after upgrade to Buhlmann and it would not boot up. Had to send it back to Suunto Finland & they replaced my Steel with brand new.

I would complete a service request or contact Suunto directly through the website or check out local service centres on the website to contact for info as not all Suunto dealers do service/repair.

Hope this helps.:)

Hey Captainchris.
Thank you very much for your reply.
I spoke to Suunto and my LDS this morning. It's going to there service centre on Saturday.

Good luck. My error code was different and I could not find any info anywhere on the problem. I forgot to ask Suunto what the issue was, but just happy they sent me a new one. Anyways it was/is under warranty and service was excellent. I also have a D6i, so used that instead as was only doing shallow non deco dives. Can't see the bloody numbers well on D6i when deco stuff, but that's probably down to old age!!!!

Please do share your findings

Hello, I just joined the forum after finding another occurrence of this error (OP's) in a google search.

g9ouEPS.jpg

I bought the computer in August 2018 to upgrade from a Zoop. After just 8 dives, in the middle of a liveaboard I got this error message. Fortunately I still had my old Zoop with me.

Upon return I contacted Suunto Support and insisted that I wanted a replacement to regain my confidence in the product. I sent it back and they indeed sent me a new one in a few weeks.

So far it's been working fine with around 80 dives logged, and I have to say that customer support has been great. But if it were to fail again then my confidence will be seriously weakened.

Hi Blackdog017.

Just wanted to give an update to my error code. I spoke to Suunto in Finland and explained the error code I had and his thoughts were that it sounded like a hardware issue.
I had purchased my Eon Core over 2 years ago from a dive store that was quite away from where I lived so going back to that store would have been a task.

I called my local dive store Mike's dive store in fact and they were only to pleased to help.
They sent it off to Suunto in Finland and within just over a week I had a brand new Suunto Eon Core.

This is not the first time that Mike's Dive store has been super helpful and so I'm a great advocate of supporting your local dive store.

Apparently Suunto give 5-year warranty on hardware/ pressure sensor so I was well within in the warranty limits.

I was also very impressed with Suunto's customer service but to be honest now I'm a little worried this could happen again while maybe on a live aboard or something which would completely ruin my holiday.

Time to probably get a back up. I know Jim Lapenta is Shearwaters biggest fan boy and he'll probably be doing cartwheels right now but Im probably going with a Shearwater.

Hi Blackdog017.

Just wanted to give an update to my error code. I spoke to Suunto in Finland and explained the error code I had and his thoughts were that it sounded like a hardware issue.
I had purchased my Eon Core over 2 years ago from a dive store that was quite away from where I lived so going back to that store would have been a task.

I called my local dive store Mike's dive store in fact and they were only to pleased to help.
They sent it off to Suunto in Finland and within just over a week I had a brand new Suunto Eon Core.

This is not the first time that Mike's Dive store has been super helpful and so I'm a great advocate of supporting your local dive store.

Apparently Suunto give 5-year warranty on hardware/ pressure sensor so I was well within in the warranty limits.

I was also very impressed with Suunto's customer service but to be honest now I'm a little worried this could happen again while maybe on a live aboard or something which would completely ruin my holiday.

Time to probably get a back up. I know Jim Lapenta is Shearwaters biggest fan boy and he'll probably be doing cartwheels right now but Im probably going with a Shearwater.
Forthe following two trips with the replaced Eon I also took my old Zoop along for every dive. Setting Nitrox values in both... Then I eventually decided to trust the Eon.

I was the first to upgrade (Zoop to Eon Core) and I was to be followed by my wife. But after the little incident with my Eon she decided to upgrade from her Vyper to a Perdix AI.

I like the Eon and it does all I need it to do, and the menu interface is much more intuitive than the Perdix's. But if it fails again, that's the direction I will be going too.

For now, our backup is her faithful Vyper.

Back
Top Bottom