Environmental Police

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warpig:
you know for a lawyer, your interpretation of massachusetts law is pretty damn poor.

again, for the laywer; massachusetts gun law states: If you are in your own home, there is no duty to retreat

what am i missing hear? explain to me what 'no duty to retreat' means.

again i apologize to the other readers... i've been reduces to a quivering flameboy. i just cant let people get away with thinking (and more importantly, lead other people to think) that they have to 'run' or 'flee' from danger in their own home.

call me w/e want, just dont call me a liar. i know my rights. obviously you dont.

I do not intend to flame so please do not take offense. It is more a matter of resonableness (spelling?) to flee. I know you wouldn't want to gun someone down even if they broke in your house, even if you think you would. It is just a matter of what a resonable person would do. MA is not so clear cut about the laws as it may appear, as my attorney said "it wouldn't want to be the one defending you if you shot someone in your home, even if you think you had the right to do it."

I think Ma is an example of liberal politics giving criminals more rights
than the victims. I came very close to unloading a 12 gage on an intruder
in my home. I'm glad it did not come down to that, the police arrived
and took him under arrest. He was high on drugs, It took 6 officers to
get him on the ground and cuff him. I checked the game laws and most
of the passages said the Game Warden may ASK and receive, permits,
identification, and game. They also carry the full powers entitled to a
Peace Officer.
This is the Ky statute on property protection.
503.080 Protection of property.
(1) The use of physical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable when the

defendant believes that such force is immediately necessary to prevent:

(a) The commission of criminal trespass or burglary in a dwelling, building or

upon real property in his possession or in the possession of another person for

whose protection he acts; or

(b) Theft, criminal mischief, or any trespassory taking of tangible, movable

property in his possession or in the possession of another person for whose

protection he acts.

(2) The use of deadly physical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable

under subsection (1) only when the defendant believes that the person against whom

such force is used is:

(a) Attempting to dispossess him of his dwelling otherwise than under a claim of

right to its possession; or

(b) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary of such dwelling; or

(c) Committing or attempting to commit arson of a dwelling or other building in

his possession.
Effective:​
January 1, 1975

History:​
Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 33, effective January 1, 1975.

warpig:
you know for a lawyer, your interpretation of massachusetts law is pretty damn poor.

again, for the laywer; massachusetts gun law states: If you are in your own home, there is no duty to retreat

what am i missing hear? explain to me what 'no duty to retreat' means.

again i apologize to the other readers... i've been reduces to a quivering flameboy. i just cant let people get away with thinking (and more importantly, lead other people to think) that they have to 'run' or 'flee' from danger in their own home.

call me w/e want, just dont call me a liar. i know my rights. obviously you dont.

I think you answered your own question - if you r in a home... and in MA... :wink: otherwise - lat's just say that your attorney will have a tough time showing self-defense or defense of chattel if you shoot an EP officer who is ramaging through your truck or boat.

BIGJET!!!

Loved your suggestion to rookies on indash cams... They make our (defense attny) life easier too. (See - this is u, and this is u punching/spitting/ or fleeing from the police... Do you want to go to trial now????)

you sir, need to go back to high school and get your diploma.

it's obvious you didnt even go to college; much less law school.

PAdiver93:
I think you answered your own question - if you r in a home... and in MA... :wink: otherwise - lat's just say that your attorney will have a tough time showing self-defense or defense of chattel if you shoot an EP officer who is ramaging through your truck or boat.

BIGJET!!!

Loved your suggestion to rookies on indash cams... They make our (defense attny) life easier too. (See - this is u, and this is u punching/spitting/ or fleeing from the police... Do you want to go to trial now????)

Well, as far as the EP go they are welcome to inspect my catch any time. I never bring up shorts, I check everything underwater, if it's close, I toss it back.
Some EP's are good, some tough...just like any other position/person you encounter in life. If they are having a bad day they may be in a bad mood, just like anyone.
I give them the respect they deserve, I can't stand the thought of someone taking shorts/females. I dive on Cape Anne, drive home to South Shore; I've found females 2x that dropped their eggs on the way home. In each case I drove to the local beach & put it back.
Only once have I seen a female drop it's eggs after I tossed it inthe pot....too late - saw them when I pulled her out. I kinda knew they could search & seize. Also kinda funny that when they stopped a boat that had 2 "officer's" on board with shorts the boat wasn't seized & no fines were levied. I'm not sure what officer's they were, it was a big stink a while ago, it came up when they were going thru the public hearings on diver bag limits. The officials present pleaed ignorance to the facts....
At Old Garden Beach we saw new divers out of the water with a cooler, checking out their catch. Walked over & they had VERY small lobsters. I inquired if they were keeping them "Sure, they are small but it's still a meal."
I then asked them if they were aware that it is a $100 fine per lobster, they can take your dive gear etc etc. They were like, well no one is here....
I smiled & said "They usually wait until you are in your car if they KNOW you have shorts, then they can take your car"
Since there were about 6 of us standing there by this time they decided to put them back. There wasn't a lobster guage between the 4 of them, and I doubt they even had a license

As far as someone breaking into my house in the middle of the night, they better wear Kevlar, everywhere.

"If you are in your own home, there is no duty to retreat, but you may use deadly force only to repel an intruder's deadly force attack against you or your family."

The only way out of my 2nd floor is thru downstairs, 1st I call the cops, then I'm going to yell to the SOB the cops are on the way & he better leave, NOW.

I won't use deadly force unless forced to, as I think anyone would agree it's a lastresort, much easier to take his knee caps out. Joking..... :comeandge

warpig:

and what do I reply to that?! to each it's own... My GED serves me just fine... A lot of the states do ask that u retreat first... Do I agree with it? No, but that's besides the point...

warpig:

Personal attacks are not necessary and not permitted. While I understand you hold your views quite strongly, you will make a better case for yourself by sticking with the facts and addressing the issues....not the individual.

Wouldn't it be great if people have more common sense?

PAdiver93:
...BIGJET!!!

Loved your suggestion to rookies on indash cams... They make our (defense attny) life easier too. (See - this is u, and this is u punching/spitting/ or fleeing from the police... Do you want to go to trial now????)...

I had a friend who wanted to build low profile 360 cameras to put on the roof of your car running on a continuus loop. His theory was it would keep both sides a little more civil. It would be nice to have during an accident as well. Mount a few of those on the boats and cars in Mass and I think the honest diver's problems will go away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom