Entry Level Drysuit Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magicangle

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I think I'm getting tired of freezing in my 7 mm suit and it might be time to move onto a drysuit. That said I don't dive a ton in cold water, but enough to enjoy the difference. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on some of the entry level drysuits out there like the Scubapro Everdry, Fusion One, and the Bare NexGen? They all seem to have their pluses and minuses, but I was wondering if any experienced divers could chime in. Thanks.

As you say they all have pluses and minuses.....really, just get one and dive. There's no better way to learn what you like than experience. If you can, buy a used one, lots out there and dive.

I went with the Fusion since I'm in the "hard to fit" category, and since this was my first foray into diving dry, I wanted something that had a chance of re-sale if it didn't work out for me (vs. having something custom fit). It's worked well for me, for the diving I do.

I just posted about my first dry dives and I am in a Fusion. It was more or less like diving in a warm dry wetsuit.

I have the fusion and I love it. aside from 1 dive with a bad inflator, all my dry dives were dry. I like the price point and the fact that it streemlines things, especially if you are an odd size

As you say they all have pluses and minuses.....really, just get one and dive. There's no better way to learn what you like than experience. If you can, buy a used one, lots out there and dive.

The above is simply the best advice you can get. Buy used and just start diving in it. People can give you all the advice you can listen to, and you may still end up being conflicted and confused. After 10 dives in a drysuit, you'll have a much better perspective on the variables that go into a drysuit.

The only thing I'll add is that you make sure you get a good deal on whatever drysuit you do buy. Just in case you decide it's not the one for you, you can turn around and sell it and hopefully you will have "rented" it for free.

Back
Top Bottom