Entry Level Bay Diving - NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds terrific. All I could really find offshore was AOW. Can you point me towards a shop that does this More basic dives? Also, do those dives require redundant air? Or just standard open water gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds terrific. All I could really find offshore was AOW. Can you point me towards a shop that does this More basic dives? Also, do those dives require redundant air? Or just standard open water gear?

As an example - look at New Diver Special - Sea Lion link below - most shops don't scream out for new divers - you just need to call and ask...
Lakeland Divers

Sometimes you just need to ask here on SB. Every shop varies on requirements, but the 2 shops that immediately come to mind do not require redundant air source (ie pony) as long as you 1) are diving with one of their staff who I assure you will have a pony and 2) dive planned is less than 90. Not sure where you are in NJ, but 2 options -
  • The Dive Shop in Cherry Hill 856-751-0308. Arin and her team are great, last I checked they were chartering out of Barnegat (Dina Dee). The shop is in the process of moving, so it may be hectic.
  • American Dive Supply (outside Atlantic City formerly known as East Coast Dive Supply) 609-646-5090, 2014 dive schedule here Scuba Diving . Looks like most dives are in the 50 - 80 foot range. Inquire about the Environmental dive. Yes, you will pay a bit more, but my life is worth more than the few bucks to have a DM or Instructor buddy show you the ropes. Diving from the T-Wrecks out of Gardners Basin (AC) and Dina Dee (Barnegat).

Stop by the Back Bay Ale House in Historic Gardners Basin after diving for a yummy cheeseburger, maybe an ale. :D I've no formal association with either shop, my brother and nephew were certified by Arin last year, my buddy was certified by American many many moons ago. Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Sometimes you just need to ask here on SB. Every shop varies on requirements, but the 2 shops that immediately come to mind do not require redundant air source (ie pony) as long as you 1) are diving with one of their staff who I assure you will have a pony and 2) dive planned is less than 90. Not sure where you are in NJ, but 2 options -
  • The Dive Shop in Cherry Hill 856-751-0308. Arin and her team are great, last I checked they were chartering out of Barnegat (Dina Dee). The shop is in the process of moving, so it may be hectic.
  • American Dive Supply (outside Atlantic City formerly known as East Coast Dive Supply) 609-646-5090, 2014 dive schedule here Scuba Diving . Looks like most dives are in the 50 - 80 foot range. Inquire about the Environmental dive. Yes, you will pay a bit more, but my life is worth more than the few bucks to have a DM or Instructor buddy show you the ropes. Diving from the T-Wrecks out of Gardners Basin (AC) and Dina Dee (Barnegat).

Stop by the Back Bay Ale House in Historic Gardners Basin after diving for a yummy cheeseburger, maybe an ale. :D I've no formal association with either shop, my brother and nephew were certified by Arin last year, my buddy was certified by American many many moons ago. Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'll be down that way this week for some family business; perhaps I will swing by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom