entering country by private boat n visa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KillerJupe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello i have some issues with my Philippines visa and happen to have two passports and access to a private boat....

Instead of paying the $200 or more to pay for an 8h visa extension, before my flight outa the country, i want to simple present my other passport and say i was "dropped off" by the private boat.

I'll ask the immigration office here in the Pi, but was wondering if anyone had specific experience w/ entering a country by boat and what was required?

THANKS!

You can't just be "dropped off" by a boat in a foreign country. The boat and everyone on it must clear customs and immigration. Most countries take a dim view of immigration violations. Saving a $200 charge is hardly worth the chance of a prison sentence.

When one "enters by boat", the boat must fly a specific ensign (flag) upon entry. Might be a Yellow Q, don't recall. Once appropriate contact is made and satisfied with the Harbormaster (and usually the acting Passport Control agent), a different ensign is hoisted, prolly a courtesy flag.

I would be careful about any subterfuge, but your post is very unclear about what country in which you were attempting to pull this off.

Here are the Philippines rules: http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/meetings/egm/migrationegm06/DOC 18 Philippines.pdf

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

threads merged...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom