Entanglement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The BS meter is ringing hard. Getting caught up in anything is always a possibility. That's why you always carry a cutting device with you...regardless of NE wreck, or Caribbean. In the case of real wreck diving you carry a redundant knife. Diving in the NE is not all that bad. It's just different. Don't let your military 'friend' convince you otherwise. Remember this is a sport where stories grow like Pinocchio’s nose.

BTW, while the Doria is not a walk in the park, it is not all that bad if one has the training and has prepared for it. I'll say one thing about...I've never heard anyone complain about mono. or netting.

Gill net scenario in advanced diving class is rip-roaring funny. X

not to come off as a complete ************, but the more I read posts like this the more I ask myself "WHO CERTIFIED YOU?"

there is the wonderfull invention called a knife. you should ALWAYS have one while diving, it should be kept exceptionaly sharp, and be accessble by either hand. you should have a buddy. he should be equiped as you are. you should have at least 500psi in your cylinder. so you have lots of time to manage the entanglement. you have 2 eyes, you should use them.

see how this very rapidly becomes a Non-issue? for the propperly trained recreational diver following the rules?

thus ends the lecture.

(and I have been caught in a mono gillnet while freediving. it is not fun. but a sharp knife makes shortwork of this problem)

Quarrior:
Make sure you and each of your kids has a good pair of shears handy, like on the should strap and know how to use them.
Where is a good source for shears. I have seen some online, but it is hard to know the quality without seeing them. Looking for recommendations on source as well as type. Interested in recommendations of other redundant cutting tools as well.

Thanks,

Willie

wet-willie:
Where is a good source for shears. I have seen some online, but it is hard to know the quality without seeing them. Looking for recommendations on source as well as type. Interested in recommendations of other redundant cutting tools as well.

Thanks,

Willie
Most LDS' carry them. The reason I say put them on the shoulder strap is because it is a place you can reach them with both hands.

Back
Top Bottom