Enjoyed the peace at Ginnie today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stairman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The crazy crowds of summer are gone, and being the only truck at the Mainspring was unusual. My buddy who is working on cavern skills and myself entered the ballroom. We swam the right wall to the grate, then entered the left room at the back where all surface light is gone. Upon rising a bit I slid thru the bedding plane back into the main cavern. My friend being bigger and backmount got a taste of squeezing as he pulled thru. After a bit more peering in cracks and crevases we laid on the flat rock at 20 ft and surfaced. A snapping turtle was under the main step and he didnt like my face at 3 ft away and left. After gassing up at CEE we ate lunch and parked at the devils headspring. Dropped in Little Devil and swam the run to the eye. Ok on the surface and dropped in. A snake was on the sand in openwater at the bottom of the eye with only its head under the ledge, opposite the cavern opening. A line was tied in and there were 2 divers doing line skills it appeared. Further down in the bottom were other beams of light hanging so we didnt drop down any further and swam to the ear. I explained how to dump your wing and pull yourself down and more important dump your wing coming back up. I remember deco'ing on the log and watching an OW diver come flying up past me like a porpoise fixing to jump. My buddy tried but didnt make it in, the flow was kicking. I pulled in to where it opens up inside to the left out of the flow and looked up as he tried again. Pulling on his rear dump and upsidedown he pulled on down, mask flooded and blind but in. After clearing it and having his vision back we swam to the danger sign and I ok'd the left tunnel that leads to Devils eye. SS on the tree conveniently at 20 ft we surfaced. Then swam on the surface backwards to little Devil where we dropped to the bottom to look at the too tight for me entrance and enjoyed the veiw of the surface from its bottom. Loaded up and headed home it was a swell Sunday.

That makes me salivate. We are going to be there in November. Thanks for the report.

I want to get back to Mill pond before the weather gets cold. Ive dove Jackson once and it was an awesome cave and cavern. I also dove Shangra la, but passed on Gatorhole and Twin since my daughter was diving with me and only cavern certified. Never saw Hole in the wall either. Have fun!

I want to get back to Mill pond before the weather gets cold. Ive dove Jackson once and it was an awesome cave and cavern. I also dove Shangra la, but passed on Gatorhole and Twin since my daughter was diving with me and only cavern certified. Never saw Hole in the wall either. Have fun!
Hole in the Wall is amazing. I'd suggest going back if not just for that one cave.

JB is fun with a scooter. I've swam it, but it's not as fun.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom