English difficulty kicking a rugby ball in that 'nasty' wind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mossym:
not simple, just easier...
Try taking a penalty without the goalie in there, you have to really take your eyes off the ball to miss it.... I even mentioned some of these ideas of no body armour and varied kicking position to some of the NFL players i met in Jax the other weekend for this expo thing they were running - entertaining to say the least :wink:

me thinx the irish ar a threat to the six nations...wales worry me though i must say...

ScubaFreak:
wales worry me though i must say...
But of course not due to their skills at rugby - its the bloody singing afterwards :wink:

hey Simon you should hear the singing in Ireland if we win the grand slam

mossym:
must make you appreciate wilkinson even more huh simon?

Seems that Wilko has been injured quite a lot since the World Cup. It's no question that England miss him...

mossym:
hey Simon you should hear the singing in Ireland if we win the grand slam

If we win?? HA!!!

If we win Ireland will shut down for a week...when we party...we party...

And the singng aint too great either!!

Seriously though, it's a credit to the English team that it's taken so long for us to have a situation where another 3 teams are pushing for the top slot.

Now for a serious question, when we play the french, should Henson wear Gold or Silver boots?!

mossym:
not simple, just easier...
That's why any miss within 50m is considered a choke job. If you can't hit 95% from 45m, don't even look for a job.

I think an american football kick is easier, but they're expected to make almost every one, and from distances often further than typically seen in rugby. Not to mention, the ball isn't just sitting there waiting for you to come kick it. it is put down just as you plant, and you have to adjust to placement and angle while in the kick.

Comparing American football to rugby is like comparing either to soccer. Comparisons are only slightly applicable. Different tough spots for each.

Besides, I think the toughest kicks are in Aussie Footy! :D (30m with arms dragging you aside as you kick the dropped ball toward goal. That's skill!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom