Engineering to Marine Biology?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too just graduated with a BS in marine science from University of South Carolina. I think that maybe you should research the classes that you would be taking in the marine biology major. It's not learning about all the fun things that you get to see while diving. Some of it is, (I really enjoyed invertebrate zoology) but most of it is not. The ocean is so complex and it is these complexities that will drive you crazy. I was really interested in learning about whales and sharks and coral reefs and all that fun stuff, but what I really learned was aquatic chemistry (carbon cycles, nitrogen cycles, phosphorous cycles), marine ecology, marine phytoplankton. If your not interested in these details than marine biology can become monotonous. Perhaps you could try studying physical oceanography. This is a combination between your engineering background and marine biology.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom