EMT shears - quality differences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go with both cheap shears and cheap knives. If they rot away or get lost not a big issue, just replace them. My current shears and knife have been around for about 3 years and still holding up. Rinsed and dried after each dive, wire brush off the rust and hit them with silicone spray.

How long does a pair last in salt water before you have to toss and replace it?

Do you have a link to the ones you buy on Amazon please?

I been diving with a pair for 3 years, haven't had to replace them yet. I've had others for 10 years or more.

If you take care of them like Resqdivemedic they'll probably last a long time. All I do is rinse mine off and let them dry. Maybe a little WD40 from time to time.

here is what I ordered the last time

For some time I used the cheap $3-5 shears when I worked the truck. I’ve gone through three pairs of leatherman raptors in the last 5-6 years. They’re garbage. Rust easily, dull easily.

On the other hand, the xshears are legit. Don’t get dull, don’t rust through normal use. I haven’t tried diving with them though. I’ve had my pair now for 4 years and they’re still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom