Empress II or Mikumba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should probably go with the Mermaid than eh?

You wouldn't go back with the empress?
The Empress is a very basic budget operator. The diving operation is OK. I have done another budget live-aboard in the same area, the food was better, you had an en suite and the diving operation was better. So the operations vary even within the low cost budget operators. If price is everything for you, take the gamble on a budget operator. If it is a special trip for you, treat yourself a little. When I do Komodo I will not be using Empress, there are lots of operators that offer a few more creature comforts that will suit me better.

The Empress is a very basic budget operator. The diving operation is OK. I have done another budget live-aboard in the same area, the food was better, you had an en suite and the diving operation was better. So the operations vary even within the low cost budget operators. If price is everything for you, take the gamble on a budget operator. If it is a special trip for you, treat yourself a little. When I do Komodo I will not be using Empress, there are lots of operators that offer a few more creature comforts that will suit me better.

Who are you planning to go with next time? I'm all in for the mermaid.

I won't be going until 2019.I have the Maldives and Truk booked for this year.
I'm not going until 2019 either. Join us on the MM2 May 18th-25th 2019 trip Bali-Komodo-Bali!

Check this MM2 Aug 12-19, 2017 trip:

And this Aug 13-30, 2016:

Check this MM2 Aug 12-19, 2017 trip:

And this Aug 13-30, 2016:

This is why I like Mermaid. The amount of videos they have makes me feel connected to them. Do they provide these videos for free or do you have to pay to get an extended version or something?

This is why I like Mermaid. The amount of videos they have makes me feel connected to them. Do they provide these videos for free or do you have to pay to get an extended version or something?
Most trips there is a videographer on board who works to create a video throughout the trip and he/she then sells it at the end. Typically 20 - 30 mins video. The short ones on the net are the highlights from those videos

Most trips there is a videographer on board who works to create a video throughout the trip and he/she then sells it at the end. Typically 20 - 30 mins video. The short ones on the net are the highlights from those videos
Do they sell them for a reasonable price?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom