Empress II or Mikumba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking about not going with Mermaid and doing Empress instead. I hear lots of good things about the Empress. It's also 1/3 the price and I'll get to do more diving in Komodo.

Hi there!
I’m taking Empress next month to komodo (AUG 2019)

How was your experience with the boat?
I did LOB to komodo over new year (2018/2019) with another boat. So wanted to know how your experience with the MV EMPRESS

Hi there!

I did LOB to komodo over new year (2018/2019) with another boat. So wanted to know how your experience with the MV EMPRESS
Hey! I ended up going with the Mastro Aldo owned by Komodo dive center! I did the 7 days in Komodo and it was great! The food was excellent and the crew is wonderful.

My only complaints are the super packed deck. It's almost impossible to move around when it's a full boat but you can work around it.

Also, some of the boat crew smoked and threw their cigarette butts in the water....

That's about it for the negatives.

The diver masters always found the craziest little things that I would have never noticed. Hans was the best! Very laid back but also vigilant and ensuring everyone's safety. Ilham was able to find the some crazy small things like algae shrimp.

Lexi works in the galley and he is the friendliest person I've probably ever met! He's such a joy to have around and is always serving your plate/offering you drinks and keeping the galley clean.

I recommend the Mastro Aldo! For the price, it's a steal!

Hi there!

You should had asked the question before making the booking!
What would you do if the feed back is -ve?

Hey! I ended up going with the Mastro Aldo owned by Komodo dive center! I did the 7 days in Komodo and it was great! The food was excellent and the crew is wonderful.

My only complaints are the super packed deck. It's almost impossible to move around when it's a full boat but you can work around it.

Also, some of the boat crew smoked and threw their cigarette butts in the water....

The diver masters always found the craziest little things that I would have never noticed. Hans was the best! Very laid back but also vigilant and ensuring everyone's safety. Ilham was able to find the some crazy small things like algae shrimp.

Lexi works in the galley and he is the friendliest person I've probably ever met! He's such a joy to have around and is always serving your plate/offering you drinks and keeping the galley clean.

The MA was my first liveaboard. Unfortunately, we had a room in the hull which really smelled like diesel. Everything else was spectacular. I would have said something to the cruise director about the cigarette butts privately so that they can address it among themselves. I am glad to hear that you had a great time! Komodo is amazing, isn't it? :)

Oh great coincidence, actually I did KTM Maestro Aldo over new year 2018-2019! I know how packed the dining table and rooftop can be! I went to Komodo DIve Centre everyday afterwards as I was supposed to dive with them but the harbour master closed the port due to an accident right after Christmas 2018 so I had to go to hte dive centre every day to check the status.
Yet I loved Komodo so much so I tried to book another Komodo LOB on my return but Maestro Aldo had not updated schedule for August 2019 earlier this year so I booked Empress instead.

You should had asked the question before making the booking!
What would you do if the feed back is -ve?

I know I would survive. I do LOB quite often so it would have been just another experience in my logbook!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom