Emergency gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Find a dive center you are confident will not "forget you" - especially on a night dive out in the ocean.

The dive center I dive with is prudent with a headcount before moving off.
totally agree! it's quite concerning that even reputable dive centres couldn't get the math right sometimes. don't know how but it does happen.

Most dive lights have a emergency functionality - strobe - SOS - etc etc

But if you're this worried, I would honestly skip night diving till you find a dive shop that you feel comfortable with
thanks so much for the tip :thumb:

Most dive lights have a emergency functionality - strobe - SOS - etc etc
But if you're this worried, I would honestly skip night diving till you find a dive shop that you feel comfortable with

Not too convinced about this.
None of my light has this feature.

There is only so much that one can carry for diving.
Beginner divers is a easy prey for an experienced salesman/woman. Don't be a sucker.
Take it easy.

do you reckon having a separate strobe light makes sense (for longer battery life) or just a waste of space?

the nautilus lifeline PLB seems to be very popular, any alternatives?
At the risk of being pedantic, my understanding from the nautilus lifeline website is that the nautilus lifeline Is not a PLB. It uses AIS and DSC technology which is limited to line of sight. A PLB broadcasts your position to satellites which then relays it to an earth station. There is a significant difference. There are numerous threads on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom