emails seem to be blocked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eponym

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey. Ho.

In my CP options, "receive email from other members" is checked. Yup, nice big black checkmark in that box.

But glbirch reports that he tried to send me an email minutes ago, only to be told by the system that emails to me are blocked.

Wassup? How do I fix?

-Bryan

PS. Special one-time offer to any SB maestro who can and will delete my silly custom user title: I will refrain from p'ing in the dive site of your choice!

Thank you, Smoke! That makes it clear enough--and I suppose hiding the option altogether as you suggested is somewhere on the to-do list.
I can also see why my pre-posting search on "email" and "blocked" didn't return any thread results . . .

Calm seas, high viz!
-Bryan

Good to know the why's and wherefor's at least.

eponym: if you ask one of the admins they can change your custom title back to the default for you. Someone mistakenly allowed custom titles for everyone, then they changed it back to only certain users.

The software is such that we have the option of enabling users to recieve E-mails... which puts up that option and allows the system to inform you when a thread you have subscribed to has been active.

We also have the option of enabling users to send e-mail, which does NOTHING with that field, but disabling it completely stops spammers and info harvesters from getting your e-mail off of this board.

I didn't write the program (and I couldn't do it if I wanted to) so there is little hope of correcting this. :D Maybe they will include it in an update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom