EM5 in Cozumel - report and pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Many of you may not look at the Cozumel forum, so I'm posting a link to my recent trip report and pictures here.

Cozumel trip report and pictures 2015

No equipment problems this trip: mode cap is glued down and the camera's flash unit worked as advertised (I do carry a spare).

Friends upgraded to full frame DSLRs, huge, heavy and very $$. I'm still loving my Oly mirrorless camera.

Great images! I just picked up an Olympus E-PM1 as a stepping stone to learn on. I have a lot of nice pro cameras that I use for my work as a photographer/videographer but since I'm relatively new to diving I wanted to start small since I have other skills that I need to master before focusing (pun intended!) on doing photography primarily. Would love to meet up with you to pick your brain or do a local dive sometime since I see you're in PV. I'm nearby in Torrance. Cheers!

great photos, did you use the 60 mm macro lens?

great photos, did you use the 60 mm macro lens?

I played with the 60 mm lens on a shore dive in front of the hotel. It's an amazing lens but on the reefs I never know what I'm going to see and the 12-50 gives me the capability of taking pictures of nearly anything.

I played with the 60 mm lens on a shore dive in front of the hotel. It's an amazing lens but on the reefs I never know what I'm going to see and the 12-50 gives me the capability of taking pictures of nearly anything.
I have that lens also but dont have the nauticam housing and port for it shame

I have that lens also but dont have the nauticam housing and port for it shame

You can set the macro switch on the 12-50 mm lens before you put the camera in your housing, but you can't revert to zoom until you take the camera out of the housing. Cheaper than buying a 60 mm for macro.

Great images, wow you processed a lot of pictures!

Great pictures!!! I have the same camera and lens. I have been to Coz a good many times but there were a lot of the critters you took pictures of I have yet to see - good reason to go back. Coz is one of my favorite destinations too :D thanks for sharing your pictures

Back
Top Bottom