TG 6 in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure I could even locate some of the things I like to shoot from any further away. I have a difficult time finding things in the LCD even when close, which undoubtedly is part of my focus problem,

Great photos! Do you use auto focus or manual? I am using a TG-6 but find it tough to get exact focus. I may need more light so that I can get a little more DoF though.

I am having the same problem. I took mine out for the first time yesterday. Shallow dive but viz only 20ft maybe, and using built-in flash. Most of my photos and videos came out completely out of focus. First P&S camera I've used in many years so am assuming I'm doing something wrong.

Great photos! Do you use auto focus or manual? I am using a TG-6 but find it tough to get exact focus. I may need more light so that I can get a little more DoF though.

I use AF and take lots of pictures. A focus light helps with AF.

Great pictures! I did only one dive with Choky, the C-53 wreck. You were lucky to see a Viper at their home reef; we, on the other hand, were lucky to spot a pair of Flying Gurnards.

The bluish Parrotfish resting on the bottom in one of your pics is Redtail Parrotfish, very common in Cozumel.

The schools of silvery perch you called snapper are, I believe, grunts, White Margate.

We recently returned from a trip to Cozumel, MX. Most of the images in this report were taken with an Oly TG 6 in an Oly housing plus dual DS1 strobes.

Great little camera.

Too big to post here. Click on the link:

COZUMEL NOVEMBER 2020 YEAR OF THE COVID
Great report. You used the omd series in the past no?

Nice! I'm just going to post your link in my future trip reports :)..

I won't bother taking pictures...

Great pictures! I did only one dive with Choky, the C-53 wreck. You were lucky to see a Viper at their home reef; we, on the other hand, were lucky to spot a pair of Flying Gurnards.

The bluish Parrotfish resting on the bottom in one of your pics is Redtail Parrotfish, very common in Cozumel.

The schools of silvery perch you called snapper are, I believe, grunts, White Margate.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the site I posted on does not allow for editing but I'll know.

One thing that took me a while to figure out -- make sure you are not in Supermacro focusing mode while shooting a non-macro shot. In SM mode the autofocus distance is less than 12". If you try to focus on anything further out you will get total blur. My camera will try to focus on the housing glass if I forget I am in SM and try and shoot something wide.

I am having the same problem. I took mine out for the first time yesterday. Shallow dive but viz only 20ft maybe, and using built-in flash. Most of my photos and videos came out completely out of focus. First P&S camera I've used in many years so am assuming I'm doing something wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom