electric ray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made 2 layers, blurred the bottom layer to hide the backscatter and sharpend the top layer (ray only) to bring out the ray. A few more color touches here and there and then wah-la.
I used photoshop elements, right now version 3 is available. I saw it from an amazon seller for $45 or $49 the other day...the program usually runs for about $99.-

justleesa:
I made 2 layers, blurred the bottom layer to hide the backscatter and sharpend the top layer (ray only) to bring out the ray. A few more color touches here and there and then wah-la.
I used photoshop elements, right now version 3 is available. I saw it from an amazon seller for $45 or $49 the other day...the program usually runs for about $99.-
that is great and it looks to me like it is well worth it, both of you did wonders with that picture and i am really impressed, and thank you both again

jim ernst:
well, as (GREAT) a photographer as i am , LOL, i guess i had better buy that program, lol, but really thank you as i really will get the program
If it wasn't for Photoshop, my gallery would be empty. I'm still a newbie at still photography, so every little bit of cheating helps. :D

Jim,

If you like a Photoshop tutorial on how I edit my pics, just come by my house in Cameron Park sometime. I'd be glad to help.

Ericson

jim ernst:
that is great and it looks to me like it is well worth it, both of you did wonders with that picture and i am really impressed, and thank you both again

Ann Marie:
I agree, thornback ray.

Here is a picture of a Pacific Electric Ray that I took off Catalina (I think). Flash didn't fire so it is a little green.
Here's my correction attempt in Photoshop elements 3. Levels, color cast, then shadow/highlights adjust.

Here's the orignal poster's thornback photo. PE3 edited.

Scratches and Dust filter, radius 4, threshold 30 removed most of the backscatter while leaving a fair amount of what detail is in the original. Dodging onto a blank layer in overlay mode alleviated some of the unbalanced strobe lighting. I didn't bother trying to clone anything out. Probably should have treated the ray and the background separately, as did JustLeesa, above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom