El Norte?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10??? More hunting please! Wish I was there...the east side will always be special to me.

Happy to hear they closed the port at a "legitimate" point. Of course safety comes first, but reasoning and common sense should prevail.

Windguru is showing a Norte lasting for the next seven days. I hope that's not the case.

I really hope not, or our first ever trip to Coz or the Caribbean for my birthday may be ruined. Is shore diving at least an option? We could at least do that.

Does the ferry still run, or we won't be able to get to the island?

I really hope not, or our first ever trip to Coz or the Caribbean for my birthday may be ruined. Is shore diving at least an option? We could at least do that.

Does the ferry still run, or we won't be able to get to the island?

Get with Aldora, and see if they have room on their boats on the east side. Hopefully, they have their boats over there now.

It's weird to me. If you look at the satellite, the clouds are moving to the north from Mexico and over the gulf coast (driving our current rain in GA). But, if you look at windy.com, the winds are coming from the exact opposite direction the clouds are moving.

So the ferries still operate to get to the island?

Windguru is showing a Norte lasting for the next seven days. I hope that's not the case.
Nope - not next 7 days - I'm banking on next 2 days being closed, then Saturday and Sunday are 50/50 - but we will be back out on Monday - you have to look at the full picture, not just the arrows :)

When port is closed, no shore diving either and trust me, in a norte you won't want to be shore diving.

Ferry runs unless it gets REALLY bad - otherwise just think "small craft advisory"

Nope - not next 7 days - I'm banking on next 2 days being closed, then Saturday and Sunday are 50/50 - but we will be back out on Monday - you have to look at the full picture, not just the arrows :)

When port is closed, no shore diving either and trust me, in a norte you won't want to be shore diving.

Ferry runs unless it gets REALLY bad - otherwise just think "small craft advisory"

I hope you're right!

Back
Top Bottom