El Galleon/Manila Reservations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotdisc98

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on reserving El Galleon for June 16-23rd. To send the reservation, they're requesting a bank wire transfer. Does this sound right? I'm not used to this sort of thing and wanted to see if anyone had problems with it and make sure it's legit. If anyone has any recent trip reports, that would be cool too!

We also want to stay in Manila for a couple of days prior to going to El Galleon. We would like to do the Corregidor Island trip and have found tours with Sun Cruises and Gray Line, with Sun Cruises being about half the cost of Gray Line. Is Sun Cruises reputable?

Thanks!

Requests for bank wire transfers are fairly common. I have done a number of times, and never a problem.
El Galleon is a reputable outfit.

I've bank wired transfer with Asia Divers and their affiliated resort El Galleon many times as well with no problems.

As a WWII Pacific buff, I found the Corregidor day tour absolutely fascinating! (Can't recall however which ferry service/tour company I went with). . .

My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on reserving El Galleon for June 16-23rd. To send the reservation, they're requesting a bank wire transfer. Does this sound right? I'm not used to this sort of thing and wanted to see if anyone had problems with it and make sure it's legit. If anyone has any recent trip reports, that would be cool too!

I will pile on and say they are a very common business practice in the Philippines... When you do an international Bank transfer you will usually be assessed a fee.

My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on reserving El Galleon for June 16-23rd. To send the reservation, they're requesting a bank wire transfer. Does this sound right? I'm not used to this sort of thing and wanted to see if anyone had problems with it and make sure it's legit.

El Galleon have been around yrs and are pretty reputable.
But if you want to be on the safe side as well as saving a trip to the bank, just turn up on the day as June is hardly the busiest time in PG.
Please make sure the walk-in rate is the same as advanced reservation!!!

There are plenty alternatives if you are inclined to consider.

El Galleon is very reputable. Don't worry about the wire transfer process as it is customary. I use them 3 times a year and have never had a problem. Asia divers and el Galleon are both well run. Get the penthouse or sky room as comfortable. They have a Corsican chef that is good. Also check out some other restaurants like Shakespears....I will be there in 2 weeks.

Have fun.

I just booked the last budget room at El Galleon for me and the hubby through Agoda for the end of March. There are other room types available around the same price as El Galleon have on their website but I've used Agoda before and trust the booking system abit more. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom