El Cozumeleno Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and the problem for the divers was the taxi ride into town every time they wanted to dive. I wasn't diving at the time so I had no complaints about the resort, but the divers in our group didn't like the location.

We are all talking about a trip on Spring Break to Coz again next year, and now that I'm diving, I want a dive resort with shore diving and a pier for boat access.

If you're looking for a value (which I usually am as a family of 6), El Cozumeleno is a great one. Breakfast and lunch were good, but dinner at the buffet wasn't too appetizing. They have a reservation only restaurant that was good, so we were running down there early in the morning to get reservations and eating in there often!

Good luck with your search and have fun!!

Lisa

I stayed at the El Coz in April for a week and liked it so much I went back in October. I dove most days during my stay and did not find the taxi ride to and from town to be too inconvienient or costly ($5 or so each way with cabs readily available).

The on site dive operation is affiliated with Scuba Du I think. The folks on site were very nice and did an excellent into to scuba session in the hotel pool and a nice job taking those folks out for a beach dive.

I found the food to be very good for breakfast and lunch. There is a nice grill open by the pool serving a nice variety of snack foods including cheezeburgers, hot dogs, chips and salsa and other snack type foods all afternoon. There are two nice large pools with one having a swim up bar. Coz has such great local resturants that we went out for dinner most of the time but when we did eat at the El Coz the buffet was fine and the reservation resturant was quite good with a nice selection.

The staff at this hotel could not be nicer and all rooms have a pool/ocean view. The El Coz is closer to downtown than most of the larger resorts south of town (Except for Plaza Los Glorias, Scuba Club and Brisas) and most dive ops will pick you up at either the downtown pier or one of the hotels just south of town like the Barracuda or Brisas.

The snorkeling area off the beach is nice for swimming and snorkeling but kind of bland for shore diving.

The non divers in our group loved the place. I did not mind the cab rides and found the huge pool area, bar and grill a great place to unwind and relax after getting back from dives.

Brett,

Thanks for the feedback on the El Coz. After agonizing the last couple of months on where to go we finally decided on the Fiesta Americana. We'll be there for the 3rd week of November... can't wait! While we're down there I plan to visit the El Coz and several other places for possible future trips.

Thanks again for the trip report.
Bob

Glad to help out with some feedback Bob.

The Fiesta Americana is a nice place and I'm sure you will enjoy your trip. If you end up enjoying Coz as much as I do you will find part of the fun is exploring around and getting to know the various hotels and especially the resturants because you know darn well you will be coming back again and again.

Have a great trip!

Brett,

We're heading down there this Sunday for a week (can't wait). I just packed all of my gear tonight. I'll let you know what I think when I get back. Addios!

Bob :)

Back
Top Bottom